Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Thread: Gauging Interest in Group Land Purchase

Default Gauging Interest in Group Land Purchase

There has been discussion from time to time about a group land purchase. I'd like to start gathering names of folks who might be interested in "going in" on a purchase of land suitable for wheeling.

This could mean a significant investment so think it over before responding, also discuss it with your spouse or significant other who would share the financial burden.

My vision is a little different from some others that have been expressed in another thread. I do envision a property of at least 100 acres with ENH members buying shares. Setting up a land trust and selling shares that would total the amount of the land sale plus a little extra for the legal costs. Members could buy as many or as few shares as they choose. This is an investment in your sport more than a real estate investment.

I would like to see the land opened for use by all members for wheeling.

Also, for tax purposes, have the land in Current Use status which dramatically reduces the tax burden on the owner, it means no development of the property but we wouldn't want that anyway.

as for insurance, we may not need it. There is a program sponsored by the state whereas you sign a document that gives permission for other recreators to use the property then the land owner is held harmless for liability. At the same time also provides up to $2m in liability insurance. I have signed on to this for my 100 acres in Newport.

Things to consider, how long do you expect to be wheeling? How long do you expect to live in the area? If you buy in it is money that you wont have a for home down payment or college tuition. It's not expected that you would buy in for a year or two and move on.

If you have read this far and are interested please send me a private message with your name, email, and cell number.

Best, Mike E
    Back In Only Please

What would you think the "minimum buy in" would be on something like this?
    1996 Landcruiser, 1HD-T Diesel, Gturbo Grunter, Dawes Boost Controller - 23psi, front/rear ARB lockers, ARB rear bumper, Slinky 3", Wholesale automatics A442f Extreme, 35" Duratracs, home built aluminum belly skid, modified TG Tacoma Sliders
    1989 Jeep Grand Wagoneer - 2" Alcan springs, 10" travel Gabriel shocks, 30" Yokohama AT/S
    2006 Evo 9 - 437hp/447ft-lb
    2000 Civic - B18C swap (Acura Integra GSR engine, transmission, ECU, Axles, shift linkage)

Feel free to let me know if this post takes your thread off track and I'll gladly delete it. I've been thinking about a very similar idea, but expanding it to include other activities for families or groups that want to enjoy the outdoors:

1) Pond or lake access for fishing, swimming and non-motorized boating
    2) Campfire and cooking pits
    3) Access to water (hand pump is fine), two outhouses and a bear-proof trash bin
    4) Archery and air gun range (no gunpowder firearms, not even small stuff like .22)
    5) Hiking trails, rope swings and an open field for parking, big BBQ events and games
    6) Alcohol prohibited at all times. Or maybe prohibited on certain weeks or weekends that are designated as "Family" times.
    7) And YES, a MASSIVE network of off road trails, obstacles and training areas where we can teach, practice and enjoy vehicle-based adventures!

As our society becomes more distracted and digital (especially for kids), I would love to have access to 100 acres where everyone can enjoy reconnecting with the REAL world.

Maybe we could have different levels of subscriptions, depending on how much access and what type of activities each member is seeking? I recognize that the activities on my list require annual maintenance. And maybe some good old-fashioned sweat with a weed-wacker and shovel every now and then. THAT is something I'd gladly sign my kids up for . . .

I like the sound of this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1992 RRC Alpine White - Gone
    1988 Defender 90 Black - Gone
    2006 LR3 Tonga Green - Gone
    1988 RRC Portofino Red
    1992 RRC Eastnor Green

Will there be large rocks for me to bash Jeep against?!?!?
    J.J. Nissen snack truck minus the snacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpskie View Post
    What would you think the "minimum buy in" would be on something like this?
    hard to say, depends on the cost of the property. for example, I posted a piece of land for sale in another thread, 102 acres for $75k.
    I've seen another piece in the same town, 124 acres $248k so it's hard to nail down.
    Back In Only Please

Quote Originally Posted by Goat View Post
    Will there be large rocks for me to bash Jeep against?!?!?
    well, it is the granite state
    Back In Only Please

very ambitious, but a nice goal

Quote Originally Posted by MattJ View Post
    Feel free to let me know if this post takes your thread off track and I'll gladly delete it. I've been thinking about a very similar idea, but expanding it to include other activities for families or groups that want to enjoy the outdoors:
    1) Pond or lake access for fishing, swimming and non-motorized boating
    2) Campfire and cooking pits
    3) Access to water (hand pump is fine), two outhouses and a bear-proof trash bin
    4) Archery and air gun range (no gunpowder firearms, not even small stuff like .22)
    5) Hiking trails, rope swings and an open field for parking, big BBQ events and games
    6) Alcohol prohibited at all times. Or maybe prohibited on certain weeks or weekends that are designated as "Family" times.
    7) And YES, a MASSIVE network of off road trails, obstacles and training areas where we can teach, practice and enjoy vehicle-based adventures!

As our society becomes more distracted and digital (especially for kids), I would love to have access to 100 acres where everyone can enjoy reconnecting with the REAL world.

Maybe we could have different levels of subscriptions, depending on how much access and what type of activities each member is seeking? I recognize that the activities on my list require annual maintenance. And maybe some good old-fashioned sweat with a weed-wacker and shovel every now and then. THAT is something I'd gladly sign my kids up for . . .
    Back In Only Please

Depending on the cost per share, I'd definitely be down for this. I ain't going anywhere. PM'd.
    '99 TJ, 5.9L Magnum V8 swap, Ford 8.8" rear axle, HP D30 front axle w/ chromoly shafts and truss, hydro assist steering, 4.88, ARB lockers, 35s, tummy tuck
    She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself.

'97 ZJ
    , 5.2 V8, 2" spacer lift on 30's, 'The Beater'

KC1KAX

Quote Originally Posted by FreakinJeep View Post
    Depending on the cost per share, I'd definitely be down for this. I ain't going anywhere. PM'd.
    got it, thanks
    Back In Only Please

Default WOW Prime Wheeling Land

someone would have to have deep pockets but if you could swing both of these then you's have 265 acres of prime wheeling land right between Lemere Rd and Potato Hill. I'm drooling over this.

Lemere Road
    https://www.lakesregionrealestate.co...744/index.html

Potato Hill
    https://www.lakesregionrealestate.co...743/index.html
    Back In Only Please

Oof, that's purty.
    '99 TJ, 5.9L Magnum V8 swap, Ford 8.8" rear axle, HP D30 front axle w/ chromoly shafts and truss, hydro assist steering, 4.88, ARB lockers, 35s, tummy tuck
    She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself.

'97 ZJ
    , 5.2 V8, 2" spacer lift on 30's, 'The Beater'

KC1KAX

Beautifully located properties. Taxes I thought were higher up there?
    Glenn ~ '13 Rubicon 3" Teraflex Lift ~ Fox Shocks ~ 35x12.50 Hankook MT ~ 9" MickeyT Sidebiter's ~ Warn Stubby ~ Gibson Exhaust ~ Smittybilt XRC Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier

Quote Originally Posted by Buckman View Post
    Beautifully located properties. Taxes I thought were higher up there?
    I didn't look at the taxes but I am sure that the properties are in current use which brings the taxes waaaaaaaay down.
    Back In Only Please