Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Thread: 2000 XJ Cherokee FS $400

Default 2000 XJ Cherokee FS $400

This was a cheap Cherokee I bought just for hauling tools and materials when we started building our house. 2000, 4.0, auto. Maroon color, somewhere around 160k miles iirc. Body is straight and mostly rust free. Rockers are pretty solid, a couple small holes in the floor but they were very small. Interior is pretty worn and dirty but useable. I had put a new oil pan on it and a couple small repairs.

Power windows
    Power locks

The bad:
    Engine is blown. It started smoking and making some noise so I limped it to my father's place and it has sat there since last fall. I haven't had time to look at it at all.
    Needs ball joints
    Steering column trim is off because I had to do a quick repair to the ignition switch. Parts are in the back.
    Body has some scratches and paint chips but really isn't bad for an old XJ

I had planned to repair and build it eventually, but the reality is that the house is taking up my time and sitting isn't doing the Jeep any good. It would make a good base for a trail vehicle or repair it (4.0s are everywhere cheap) for a first time driver, or just for parts.

Is this California or federal emmisions?

I'm pretty sure Federal. I'll check this weekend, and I'll try to take a couple pics while I'm there. Condition really isn't that bad, it's mostly just dirty from being used as a work vehicle. I just don't have time to work on it with the house project, otherwise I'd throw an engine in it and build it up. That was my original plan when I bought it...use it to haul tools while building the house, then build it once the house was done.