Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: August 11th 2018, 6th Annual Newbie/Stock up to Challenging Run starting in Dunbarton

Looks like weather is going to be "topless" for Saturday!
    Mary Anne: 1988 YJ, 258, Weber 32/36 DGEV, AX15/231, 4.11 HP-D30 & non c-clip D35 w/Truetrac, 33" KO2's, BDS 2" lift, a bunch of skid plates, Warn 9.5ti

Member: The Ancient and Honorable Society of the Leaf Spring

KC1EIJ
    WQZJ411

Quote Originally Posted by BlueberryHill View Post
    Looks like weather is going to be "topless" for Saturday!
    I ran windshield down for the first time on my Mod run last month since I put a cage in. Really fun in the woods but a little eye-watering on the road. Plus bugs in the teeth/eyes/hair.

Looking at our route there's a fair few road miles on this run, so I'm thinking I'll have to settle for doors, roof, and windows off and keep the glass up this time. Or get some goggles.
    '99 TJ, 5.9L Magnum V8 swap, Ford 8.8" rear axle, HP D30 front axle w/ chromoly shafts and truss, hydro assist steering, 4.88, ARB lockers, 35s, tummy tuck
    She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself.

'97 ZJ
    , 5.2 V8, 2" spacer lift on 30's, 'The Beater'

KC1KAX

Quote Originally Posted by FreakinJeep View Post
    I ran windshield down for the first time on my Mod run last month since I put a cage in. Really fun in the woods but a little eye-watering on the road. Plus bugs in the teeth/eyes/hair.

Looking at our route there's a fair few road miles on this run, so I'm thinking I'll have to settle for doors, roof, and windows off and keep the glass up this time. Or get some goggles.
    I miss running my Samurais with the windshield hinge kits. Just a few seconds to drop or raise the windshield. I wish it wasn't so involved to drop our JKs windshield.

Quote Originally Posted by FreakinJeep View Post
    Or get some goggles.
    That would be awesome!
    Mary Anne: 1988 YJ, 258, Weber 32/36 DGEV, AX15/231, 4.11 HP-D30 & non c-clip D35 w/Truetrac, 33" KO2's, BDS 2" lift, a bunch of skid plates, Warn 9.5ti

Member: The Ancient and Honorable Society of the Leaf Spring

KC1EIJ
    WQZJ411

Unfortunately I am not going to make it Saturday. Please give my spot to the next lucky person on the wait list.
    Jason

'06 Jeep Liberty - OME lift, JBA Gen 4.5 UCA's, 255/70r16 Kumho MT51 on Black Rocks, 4xGuard sliders, Skid Row plates, Aussie Locker in back

I need to apologize for the newest weather forecast for Ssturday. We just used some scrap wood to build a frame for lifting the top off the JK then saw the latest forecast. I guess it won't be getting tested this weekend. Planning to remove a top is a guarantee of plenty of rain!

Quote Originally Posted by Erebus View Post
    Unfortunately I am not going to make it Saturday. Please give my spot to the next lucky person on the wait list.
    I was 'this close' to getting a new plate for my Jeep... 'THTERA'... oh well, never mind that plan! I'm sure we will see you on another run.

GraniteWinter, you are now on the driver list!

A few notes for people:

1.) Last weekend was very buggy. Be prepared. Swarms of (deer/black) flies. They don't seem to care much about DEET.
    2.) Forecast right now is for 50% chance of rain all day, so I may just leave the doors on (see point 1)
    3.) FRS with the official radio for this run
    4.) There is no gas available at the meeting spot, so gas up before you get there
    5.) If anyone is coming from any significant distance away and has concern about getting there, PM me BEFORE Saturday if you'd like my cell (one year for a newbie run, we had one guy coming up from CT, he had a flat tire and missed the run by 5 minutes...)
    -- Tundra (yes, really my name, not my truck!) - KC1DQY

2013 Wrangler Unlimited Sport - not stock any more - Schoolbus Yellow (er, 'Dozer')
    1952 M38A1 'Old Swampy' - pending reassembly into mostly stock form

Apologies for the last-minute update but I just got word of a parenting schedule conflict tomorrow. We wonít be able to make the run. I hope this gives the next member on the list the opportunity for a great time out!

I'll be there tomorrow, with my wife riding shotgun. Google maps indicates a 46 mile trip for me to get to the meeting point.

Newbie question: In the opening post, it was mentioned "Lunch - We'll be eating on the trail as we go - not a specific lunch stop location"
    Anyone know if the deli at the meeting point will be open prior to our departure, or should I plan on packing lunch at home and bringing it with me?

Thanks!
    Mike

Iím out. Deadline just got pushed way up in the shop. Maybe next time . Thank you for organizing the run ! Have a great time .
    I like whiners, they taste just like chicken

Woo! Guess that means I made the list.

Now to just grab a fire extinguisher, frs walkie-talkie, & tune my CB

Quote Originally Posted by Micwillia View Post
    Woo! Guess that means I made the list.

Now to just grab a fire extinguisher, frs walkie-talkie, & tune my CB
    I just bought a set of Walkies. You are more than welcome to use the other one for the day if you're doing the first part of the day!

Tyler and I just finished pre-running the "stock somewhat challenging" run that will be led by Jessie. I let him use his chainsaw so he is happy. .

Have fun tomorrow guys, wish I could join you. Ask as many questions as you can, there is a lot of knowledge floating around in the noodles of those noodle-head trail leaders and tailgunners.
    "I hope you get hit by a goose, right in the sway bar!"
    -anon

2015 Tacoma Access 4-banger (aka 'Scratchy') -> 255/85r16 ST Maxx, FJC wheels, 3" OME 887s/full dakar pack, CBI sliders and full skids, Pelfreybilt Hybrid bumper, ****tybilt 9.5 XRC winch, sway bar go by bye, ARB on-board air, many many zip-ties
    KC1GPY

Default Cant make it

Please take me off the wait list I will not be able to make it thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ecgreen View Post
    Tyler and I just finished pre-running the "stock somewhat challenging" run that will be led by Jessie. I let him use his chainsaw so he is happy. .

Have fun tomorrow guys, wish I could join you. Ask as many questions as you can, there is a lot of knowledge floating around in the noodles of those noodle-head trail leaders and tailgunners.
    How was that section? I'm still on the fence on if I want to drop out at the halfway point or not. I'm a stock 3rd gen Tacoma w/ 33s so I'm guessing it should be ok if I do but, curious to hear since you just ran it.