Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Thread: New member from Rochester, NH

Default New member from Rochester, NH

Hi,

Iím originally from NY, spent 8 years in Colombia, moved back to the US in 2017, decided South Florida was too darn hot, humid, buggy, etc., so my wife and I moved to NH last fall.

Iíve done a decent amount of mild/moderate 4-wheeling in the past:
    - 1993 and 2002 Toyota 4Runner, on various trails in and around the Catskills, Hudson Valley, NJ and around northern Maine
    - 1993 Toyota FJ80 ďBurbujaĒ, late 80ís Chevy-badged Isuzu Trooper, and late 80ís Suzuki Samurai in Colombia
    Havenít done any 4-wheeling in the last ~ 8 years, so, at this point, I feel whatever skills I had acquired have since faded and would consider myself back to Noob status.

Very eager to get back to 4wheeling again, and that won't happen with our Mazda CX-5, so I picked up a 2013 Wrangler Rubicon (2 door, 6 speed) last Sunday and joined this forum to connect with others.

Been eying a trail near here (Barrington) where Iíve seen 4x4s lined up on various Saturdays getting ready to tackle the trail, but want to avoid going someplace where Iím not welcome without permission/access.

Eager to participate in any organized trail rides/outings, to improve my off-road skills and knowledge, and of course to contribute to the forum/community in a meaningful way.

Rubicon is offline Ex-Coordinator & Ex-Mod Certified Trail Leader
    MappingNH Trail Scout

Cool

Hello and welcome!

Just moved from your current area last year. I miss it a bit, but lots of new-to-me things to do up here now :)
    Traction, articulation, and gearing make a good off-road rig. Just a big lift, wide mud tires, and a winch simply do not ;)

Thanks!

We knew almost nothing about NH before we moved here (except for one trip 2 years ago to White Mountains). Needed to be close to Maine for my wife's job and got lucky to find newly built apartments that were pet friendly in Rochester (right near the border with Dover/Somersworth). Nice area, pretty quiet but plenty of options for shopping/restaurants/entertainment, friendly people, we love it here so far.

Looking to get out and explore the state more, now that the nice weather is here (although not looking forward to the heat/humidity that is coming over the next few days, but that's summer in the Northeast).

Rubicon is offline Ex-Coordinator & Ex-Mod Certified Trail Leader
    MappingNH Trail Scout

Cool

Our favorite restaurant is right in your city. LaCorona right on Route 11, which is on the Farmington side, not far from the Spaulding Turnpike/Route 16 exit 15 exit. Best Mexican food this side of Mexico(yes I have been there :) Tell them Shawn and Erin sent you ;)

The tri-city area does have a lot to offer, while not being in a "big" metropolis.
    Traction, articulation, and gearing make a good off-road rig. Just a big lift, wide mud tires, and a winch simply do not ;)

welcome to the forum ! you have found a site with like mined off road ( the road less traveled ) people .we do crawls just about every weekend some place in the state,just keep coming back they fill fast.
    Scott / Team Jeep crawl

1997 Jeep TJ ,4 inch rough county x- series lift ,tom woods drive shafts with SYE ,BFG KM 2 33s ,smittybilt bumpers,rock-rails ,winch,skid plates ,stinkys off road full roll cage , ARB snorkel along/ with a few outer moderate add ons ,with a bunch of gear / tools for some moderate class six adventures ...with a Bantam Trailer, for those overland adventures.

Member of : Tread Lightly

Leave no trace / carry out more then you carry in

Welcome! I am in Barrington.
    ScerbFab LLC
    Offroad Fabrication & Performance - Barrington, NH
    Aftermarket Parts and Installations

(603) 309-2030
    www.scerbfab.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    Our favorite restaurant is right in your city. LaCorona right on Route 11, which is on the Farmington side, not far from the Spaulding Turnpike/Route 16 exit 15 exit. Best Mexican food this side of Mexico(yes I have been there :) Tell them Shawn and Erin sent you ;)

The tri-city area does have a lot to offer, while not being in a "big" metropolis.
    "LaCorona" is where we ate the first night we arrived here after spending 2 days driving up from South Florida. Love that place! Delicious food, good portions, friendly atmosphere, and awesome Margaritas.

We've managed to become regulars at Old Rail Pizza. Great food and great people there (patrons and staff).

Quote Originally Posted by jeep crawl View Post
    welcome to the forum ! you have found a site with like mined off road ( the road less traveled ) people .we do crawls just about every weekend some place in the state,just keep coming back they fill fast.
    Thanks! Will be checking in regularly; looking forward to joining a ride as soon as possible.

Are the rides generally limited to places in NH, or do members here also organize/participate in rides in neighboring states?

most do in state ,some times Vermont ,Maine and western Ma.
    Scott / Team Jeep crawl

1997 Jeep TJ ,4 inch rough county x- series lift ,tom woods drive shafts with SYE ,BFG KM 2 33s ,smittybilt bumpers,rock-rails ,winch,skid plates ,stinkys off road full roll cage , ARB snorkel along/ with a few outer moderate add ons ,with a bunch of gear / tools for some moderate class six adventures ...with a Bantam Trailer, for those overland adventures.

Member of : Tread Lightly

Leave no trace / carry out more then you carry in

Quote Originally Posted by Scerb View Post
    Welcome! I am in Barrington.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by 2706588 View Post
    "LaCorona" is where we ate the first night we arrived here after spending 2 days driving up from South Florida. Love that place! Delicious food, good portions, friendly atmosphere, and awesome Margaritas.

We've managed to become regulars at Old Rail Pizza. Great food and great people there (patrons and staff).
    I love LaCorona! Weíve got a group of us that go every year before our annual Mexico/Dominican vacation
    BLACKDRAFT a 2014 JKU
    http://www.instagram.com/blackdraft_2014jku
    American Tactical Thin Red Line grill insert (Dirty Acres).
    Barricade Trail Force front and rear bumpers
    Truck Lite Heated LED Headlights, Raxiom Smoked LED Taillights
    AEV 2.5" DualSport XT lift with 315/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers
    Smittybuilt Gen 2 XRC 9,500lb winch with synthetic rope
    4:56 gears