Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cooler opinions?

The "colder than ice" is easy when you chill a salt.

18 degrees F.

http://a.co/9NIaY5L

We have these and like them a lot.
    --
    Agnes - 1995 Jeep Wrangler (YJ) - 4 cylinder 35" MTRs, SM465, RockTrac, 3.5" Black Diamond Suspension SUA, Ford 8.8, HPD30 w/vacuum disconnect w/4.88s, ARB lockers front and rear, front shackle reversal, rear revolvers, lotsa skids, Bullet Proof steer modified, Mastercraft seats with PRP 5 point harness
    Ruby - 2016 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock Rubicon - bone stock except for Rock Hard skids, diff armor

Kinda like which is heavier a pound of rocks or a pound of feathers.
    It's all gone.

Quote Originally Posted by farmer View Post
    I use a Coleman extreme, has kept ice for 5 days while using it, longer if it stays shut. The price difference between that and the Yeti buys a metric ton of ice, but I'm admittedly a cheap SOB.

I have a Coleman thermoelectric, but its loud as hell and sucks a lot of power. Doesn't make warm things cold, just keeps cold things cold, so freeze anything you can and make sure everything's cold before it goes in. I rarely use mine these days.
    Thie is what Iím thinking about getting. Glad to hear someoneís has good luck with one.

The 60 Qt Coleman Extreme ($69.99) did just as well (or maybe even a hair better) than the 60 Qt Yeti ($349) for a heck of a lot less money. They lasted about 96 hours in the test video below.

The 60 Qt Cabela's Polar Cap ($299) went about two full days longer (144 hours) than both of those.

Keep in mind that at $70, if you aren't going more than four days without being able to get more ice, then the Coleman Extreme may well do the trick for you.

If you are gone totally off the grid for nearly a week, then perhaps spending the extra for the Cabela's Polar cap may be worth it.

Here is the test video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3l47v7fw3s

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Newfields View Post
    Keep in mind that at $70, if you aren't going more than four days without being able to get more ice, then the Coleman Extreme may well do the trick for you.

If you are gone totally off the grid for nearly a week, then perhaps spending the extra for the Cabela's Polar cap may be worth it.

This is the biggest thing, a little weekend camping, you'll be fine with a newer Coleman. Even a week of camping, if you're running around at all, making a stop for ice is much more cost effective than the Yeti.

Honestly I walked around Walmart for half an hour, between the garden area having coolers and the sporting goods section, there's quite a bit of choices. The Extreme I got was on sale, think that swayed my decision more than anything. Think I paid $30 for it, 48qt? I think.

Oh and get some ****i cooler stickers to up the cool factor to at least Yeti level. Nobody will notice the difference https://www.****icoolers.com/
    EDIT: hit the censorship with that one sh-iticoolers.com remove the dash
    91ish Ranger 351W Narrowed HP D44 SAS 14 Bolt C&C rear 39s 4.88s Locked F+R
    67 Kaiser/Jeep M715 38s 5.89 gears Running Project

Quote Originally Posted by dun_right
    This exactly. Been checking out RTIC. How big is your yeti?
    Mine is a Tundra 45, pretty happy with that size, mostly because it fits sideways in the back of my Focus.

How strong is the Coleman? I use my Yeti as a step-stool more often than I should, but it's so solid that it just is the best tool at hand a lot of the time. That would definitely apply to the RTIC and Cabela's as well, but I don't know if the Coleman is the same.
    Scott

2003 Ford Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Newfields View Post
    The 60 Qt Coleman Extreme ($69.99) did just as well (or maybe even a hair better) than the 60 Qt Yeti ($349) for a heck of a lot less money. They lasted about 96 hours in the test video below.

The 60 Qt Cabela's Polar Cap ($299) went about two full days longer (144 hours) than both of those.

Here is the test video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3l47v7fw3s

Tim
    Iíve definitely seen this before! Im gunna stick with the Coleman. Thereís no way Iím gunna be spending a week off the grid for a while. The polar cap will definitely be my choice at that point!

Quote Originally Posted by farmer View Post
    This is the biggest thing, a little weekend camping, you'll be fine with a newer Coleman. Even a week of camping, if you're running around at all, making a stop for ice is much more cost effective than the Yeti.

Honestly I walked around Walmart for half an hour, between the garden area having coolers and the sporting goods section, there's quite a bit of choices. The Extreme I got was on sale, think that swayed my decision more than anything. Think I paid $30 for it, 48qt? I think.

Oh and get some ****i cooler stickers to up the cool factor to at least Yeti level. Nobody will notice the difference https://www.****icoolers.com/
    EDIT: hit the censorship with that one sh-iticoolers.com remove the dash
    Iíve done the same thing walking around stores looking at coolers. The sale would more than likely sway me too. Iím definitely okay with paying full price for it knowing people have had good luck with it.

ive seen those before! I wanna get one so bad! Iíll snag one of those too!