Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wakefield NH Scout n' Scrape - Moderate Run - Sat June 9, 10am-tbd

Default Wakefield NH Scout n' Scrape - Moderate Run - Sat June 9, 10am-tbd

WAKEFIELD SCOUT N SCRAPE - JUNE 9, 2018

TRAIL RATING: 4-5 (click the link for a description of trail ratings)

THE RUN:
    The run starts Saturday June 9th 2018 at 10am and will last into early afternoon (no set time). We will ride about 5 miles of tar to the first trails. Even though we know the area this is a pure scouting mission to clear trees, possibly open up a small leg of a ravine trail we scouted last year and have fun on obstacles…run them down, then up if the group chooses. I would say HALF of this run is leisurely jaunting through the woods…the other HALF is spending time STOPPED at obstacles, assessing them, running them up and down, clearing trees, etc. So please be prepared for this type of run. If you and/or your passengers are not into stopping and/or waiting, and/or working – then please rethink this run to make sure everyone who comes is having fun.

PARTICIPATION IN ANY FORM IS 100% AT YOUR OWN RISK!
    SAFETY OF YOUR PASSENGERS & PETS IS SOLELY YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.

THE OBSTACLES:
    The trails will start right out moderate to moderately challenging and will also include mild trails and pavement in between but the fun will keep coming. The first trail is a TIGHT ravine with technical rock work and NO go-arounds. We may start off clearing a new leg on the first trail depending on the group’s assessment of that portion of trail (there’s a 3 foot narrow ravine with a boulder and it’s never been traversed). We will travel to the second trail which is a VERY tight and steep wash out, soft ground, running water and lots of fun - also NO go-arounds. We may run this down and up. Then on to another network 5 miles away with rock gardens, hill climb, mountain climb (boulders) and a longer, more mild jaunt through the woods…and if we get to it, a deep water hole with a go-around.

It’s possible some of these washouts / ravines may be severely changed by the seasons and we will have to turn around – or we may find a complex tree fall we cannot clear and have to turn around. Please be aware and prepared for that possibility.

POTENTIAL DAMAGE & DRIVER ABILITY:
    The biggest hazard and only cause of rig damage is the person behind the steering wheel. Second is terrain. On this run the terrain will present risks of (depending on line choice) tree rubbing, bumping and grinding your underside, potential body contact with trees or rocks. There are spots that could present a roll hazard if not undertaken with CARE and a line choice that matches your rig and driver ability. Last year brought a very close call in the "roll-onto side" category. Pin-striping is definite due to overgrowth. If you're BRAND NEW to off-roading this is probably not the run for you. There are definitely doable obstacles but they would have been very daunting to me my first time out. As always, make your own call. Just don't want anyone setting themselves up for a not-fun time.

VEHICLE RECOMMENDATION:
    The deciding factor is always who is behind the wheel. I would call this terrain a solid moderate run. You will want to have at least 32” tires with decent tread and 2” of lift with some underside & side protection. If you have a long wheelbase or are wider than a JK, you might be at risk of body damage in the ravines. A winch is highly recommended in case you get wedged on an uphill or jammed up in a ravine. If you don’t have a winch you should be built out greater than recommended. Less built vehicles can definitely do these trails, but how much damage they risk will depend purely on driver ability and experience.

RUN LOGISTICS:
    -Capping the signups for this run at 6 rigs.
    -Starting at On The Run 393 Meadow St, Sanbornville, NH 03872
    -Plan to be aired down and ready to roll BY 10am. Arriving by 9:30am should leave time for gearing up and socializing.
    -Everyone must AIR DOWN – no exceptions for these obstacles.
    -This will be a gently paced run taking our time on the fun stuff, stopping along the way.
    -To air UP at the end of the run either bring a compressor or look for a place. We will exit out to the starting point.
    -Bring bug spray, sun screen and water as necessary for your own comfort. **SKEETER SEASON**
    -There will be NO official lunch stop so plan to eat on one of our obstacle stops or while rolling.
    -Every rig MUST comply with the ENH MANDATORY EQUIPMENT list as linked here and found on the ENH website
    -Every rig must be driven or shot-gunned by an ENH Member who is ON THE CONFIRMED DRIVER LINEUP below
    -If you have a chain saw, please bring it.
    -CB is highly recommended and will make your life easier, but not required.

To sign up, reply to this thread. Drivers will be added to list in order they CONFIRM.
    No spots will be held for MAYBE's.
    In the case of cancellations folks will be added from the wait list in the order they appear.

CONFIRMED DRIVER LIST:
    1. drinnt (Lead vehicle)
    2. mjm2167
    3. mtyler11
    4. YipJeep
    5. LJ Rubicon
    6. 64wildcat

WAIT LIST:(There are always cancellations – so hop on the wait list!)
    -jeepster
    -papa smurf

Here is my rig in one of the ravines last year - if you see the person in the distance...they are standing on the 40" drop into the ravine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2810.JPG 
Views:	248 
Size:	191.0 KB 
ID:	31063  
    Last edited by drinnt; 06-07-2018 at 10:16 AM.
    Steve
    2010 Jeep JKU - Body Armor Front Skid/Rancho D30 Diff Slider/Tailgate Hi-Lift Mount/Smittybilt Rock Steps/Lou's Exhaust/AEV D44 Slider/AEV 2.5" DualSport Coil Lift/KC Trail Lights/Treadwright Guarddog 32's/Rancho Oil Pan Armor/JKS Quicker Discos/F&R LCA skids/Pavement Ends Frt Bumper/Superwinch 8500/Teraflex 1/2" Front Spacers/Oylmpic Rear Bumper/Clutch Bypass Mod/XRC Side Flares/Yukon 4.11 Gears/Centerforce I/National TOB/Sunrider for Hardtop

Sign me up please! Sounds like the trails we did in Vermont late last season.

sign me up!
    -TYLER - - Illegitimi non carborundum - -
    '14 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4 V6 Auto
    -3" lift with Nisstec MK84 coilovers & OME leafs, HeftyFab skids & Whiteknuckle sliders, Winch & bumper, 32" Duratracs

Quote Originally Posted by RollonRubiSu View Post
    Sign me up please! Sounds like the trails we did in Vermont late last season.
    You're on the list! Nice to meet a new face!
    Steve
    2010 Jeep JKU - Body Armor Front Skid/Rancho D30 Diff Slider/Tailgate Hi-Lift Mount/Smittybilt Rock Steps/Lou's Exhaust/AEV D44 Slider/AEV 2.5" DualSport Coil Lift/KC Trail Lights/Treadwright Guarddog 32's/Rancho Oil Pan Armor/JKS Quicker Discos/F&R LCA skids/Pavement Ends Frt Bumper/Superwinch 8500/Teraflex 1/2" Front Spacers/Oylmpic Rear Bumper/Clutch Bypass Mod/XRC Side Flares/Yukon 4.11 Gears/Centerforce I/National TOB/Sunrider for Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by mtyler11 View Post
    sign me up!
    Be great wheeling with you guys again! Let's see if we can get that Nissan up the ravine!
    Steve

Really enjoy your runs Steve. Please add me. Will we be stopping for sausages?

Quote Originally Posted by Yipjeep View Post
    Really enjoy your runs Steve. Please add me. Will we be stopping for sausages?
    Mike! Be great to see you too and thank you. No...they sold that place and I haven't seen anything about Sausage Saturdays. :(

You're in!
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by drinnt View Post
    they sold that place and I haven't seen anything about Sausage Saturdays. :(You're in!
    That's sad. I did enjoy the stop so much that I stopped back in a couple weekends later. I'll come prepared with my shovel and chainsaw, just in case.

Steve please add me to list looking forward to it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2005 LJ Rubicon Metal Cloak GC fully adjustable 3.5" SA with MC Track Bars OME Shocks/Stabilizer, 1" MORE Alum BL, 1" MML, JCR 1 Ton Steering, Currie T Case Cable Shifter, Currie Anti Rock, UC Fab LoPro Skid Plates, Adams Driveshafts F/R, US Alloy Axle Shafts Front, MC F/R Fenders, MC Sliders, JCR Stubby Mauler Bumper with Superwinch 9.5 Synthetic Line. Revolution Gears 5.38 35" Goodyear MTR's Pro Comp Steel Wheels

Hi Steve please add me to the list!
    2015 Rubicon

Be great wheeling with you guys again! Let's see if we can get that Nissan up the ravine!
    If the tires won't do it, the winch will!

... No...they sold that place and I haven't seen anything about Sausage Saturdays. :(
    awww... that's a bummer... maybe I'll dig out my backpacking stove & pan...
    -TYLER - - Illegitimi non carborundum - -
    '14 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4 V6 Auto
    -3" lift with Nisstec MK84 coilovers & OME leafs, HeftyFab skids & Whiteknuckle sliders, Winch & bumper, 32" Duratracs

Quote Originally Posted by LJ Rubicon View Post
    Steve please add me to list looking forward to it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by 64wildcat View Post
    Hi Steve please add me to the list!
    You guys are IN! Look forward to wheeling with you again as well.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by mtyler11 View Post
    If the tires won't do it, the winch will!

awww... that's a bummer... maybe I'll dig out my backpacking stove & pan...

This will be the first time I will get to use my winch. I'm pretty sure it WILL get used - and maybe even twice if we go up the new leg of the first trail I have planned. I'm going to spend an hour Friday the 8th checking it out around 3:45-4pm depending on traffic if anyone is local. Last time I looked at it there were 6 small trees down and a lot of hemlock growth encroaching. The ravine itself was way too much for me to even think about alone and 3 years ago when I had much less courage / experience / blind faith / stupidity? LOL
    Last edited by drinnt; 05-16-2018 at 01:31 PM.
    Steve

You're on the list! Nice to meet a new face!
    Definitely! Looking forward to it.

drinnt,

Can i go on the wait list please... I remember that trail from last year.

-Mark
    2016 Rubicon, RK 2.5" Lift, RK steering stabilizer, FOX 2 Shocks, 35" DuraTrac, Bushwacker Fenders, Spider Diff covers, TeraFlex HD Trackbars, Cobra 75 CB, RI LED HD, Firestick2, Superwinch, GMRS "WRBS559"