Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Thread: 1962 cj5

Default 1962 cj5

Just put up my CJ5 for sale. It's getting interest from shoppers in general, but I think it's more applicable to this crowd. Already getting tired of using my free time explaining everything to people that want a Jeep, but really don't know what this is, so I'm hoping someone in this community is looking for a vintage CJ that's built to go essentially anywhere.

https://nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/1962...585995659.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00238-20100925-0757.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	105.0 KB 
ID:	31061  
    1962 CJ5 - 4" skyjacker lift springs, nitrogen shocks, steering box conversion, custom roll cage, CB, F134 engine, Solid axle Dana 44 rear, Dana 30 front (HD disks), 5.38 gears, 34x10.5x15 LTB's, DC-1 wheels, Lock-right rear, ARB front, Durabak inside and out

Quote Originally Posted by BLUERUBI View Post
    Just put up my CJ5 for sale. It's getting interest from shoppers in general, but I think it's more applicable to this crowd. Already getting tired of using my free time explaining everything to people that want a Jeep, but really don't know what this is, so I'm hoping someone in this community is looking for a vintage CJ that's built to go essentially anywhere.

https://nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/1962...585995659.html
    Question for the group since no one is biting yet. What do you think a reasonable asking price should be? I know my market size is limited, so Iíll have to balance time on sale vs. highest price. Right now Iím in the mood to have it out of the garage, so am curious about others opinions on the right value.
    1962 CJ5 - 4" skyjacker lift springs, nitrogen shocks, steering box conversion, custom roll cage, CB, F134 engine, Solid axle Dana 44 rear, Dana 30 front (HD disks), 5.38 gears, 34x10.5x15 LTB's, DC-1 wheels, Lock-right rear, ARB front, Durabak inside and out

sharp looking jeep !

try posting on expo or eBay ,personally google it on some sites for the price

OR

steves jeep does consignments ,out of the garage and he does the leg work
    Last edited by jeep crawl; 05-19-2018 at 03:51 PM.
    Scott / Team Jeep crawl

1997 Jeep TJ ,4 inch rough county x- series lift ,tom woods drive shafts with SYE ,BFG KM 2 33s ,smittybilt bumpers,rock-rails ,winch,skid plates ,stinkys off road full roll cage , ARB snorkel along/ with a few outer moderate add ons ,with a bunch of gear / tools for some moderate class six adventures ...with a Bantam Trailer, for those overland adventures.

Member of : Tread Lightly

Leave no trace / carry out more then you carry in

Thanks for the comments! Part of my issue is all the searching Iíve done for reference pricing. Even went thru an antique auto appraising site to help. Numbers are all over the map, especially when modifications are done, so I think a jeep like this is worth what a person is willing to pay on any given day. I can wait for the right buyer and get top dollar, or be happy with a quicker sale.

Didn't realize steveís does consignment. Biggest worry for me is that the jeep hasnít spent a night outdoors in around a decade, so I donít lie the idea of rain getting on it.

I donít think your price is unreasonable. Just have to give it a little to hook it up with the right buyer.
    It's all gone.

Talked to a bunch of people about the Jeep, but all but one has definitely been the wrong crowd. Almost everyone is looking for a daily driver, so I spend a good portion of the discussion convincing them it's a bad idea to buy a 56 year old modified CJ5. My patience is wearing thin, so I'm dropping my target price by $1000. Here are a couple additional pictures that others requested to show the interior and the rear gate, so I thought I'd put them out for this group as well. More in the CL listing.

thanks for the comments.

James
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gate 1.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	127.6 KB 
ID:	31261   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Overhead 1.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	189.9 KB 
ID:	31262  

Quote Originally Posted by BLUERUBI View Post
    Talked to a bunch of people about the Jeep, but all but one has definitely been the wrong crowd. Almost everyone is looking for a daily driver, so I spend a good portion of the discussion convincing them it's a bad idea to buy a 56 year old modified CJ5. My patience is wearing thin, so I'm dropping my target price by $1000. Here are a couple additional pictures that others requested to show the interior and the rear gate, so I thought I'd put them out for this group as well. More in the CL listing.

thanks for the comments.

James
    First rule of being a successful salesman. Donít talk your customer out of buying what youíre selling.

First rule of being a moral seller. Talk your customer out of doing something theyíll regret!
    It's all gone.

Rubicon is offline Ex-Coordinator & Ex-Mod Certified Trail Leader
    MappingNH Trail Scout

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by GSSFC View Post
    First rule of being a successful salesman. Donít talk your customer out of buying what youíre selling.

First rule of being a moral seller. Talk your customer out of doing something theyíll regret!
    Traction, articulation, and gearing make a good off-road rig. Just a big lift, wide mud tires, and a winch simply do not ;)

Couldnít agree more. I know it will be a great jeep for someone, and would never feel right if someone got hurt thinking it would be great for their kid to cruise around in.

Wish I could afford it, I think your price is in the right range for what it is
    https://youtu.be/hbtg3ZNSzts

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Gone now :( -2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2" BB, 4.88's, TT F&R, 33x10.5 km2's, xrc8 winch, uniden pro xl520 cb, 4' wilson
    Present-2008 Rubicon, uniden pro xl520 cb, 5' wilson Silver Load, JCR engine skid, JCR evap skid

Buy a Gazetteer

I shared it on a couple of Jeep pages including my own page on Facebook, hope it helps
    Back In Only Please

Quote Originally Posted by bob View Post
    Wish I could afford it, I think your price is in the right range for what it is
    https://youtu.be/hbtg3ZNSzts

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    "I AM UNTETHERED AND MY RAGE KNOWS NO BOUNDS!!"

Pretty much me every time I try to sell something on the internet.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    '99 TJ, 5.9L Magnum V8 swap, Ford 8.8" rear axle, HP D30 front axle w/ chromoly shafts and truss, hydro assist steering, 4.88, ARB lockers, 35s, tummy tuck
    She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself.

'97 ZJ
    , 5.2 V8, 2" spacer lift on 30's, 'The Beater'