Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Thread: 1962 cj5

Default 1962 cj5

Just put up my CJ5 for sale. It's getting interest from shoppers in general, but I think it's more applicable to this crowd. Already getting tired of using my free time explaining everything to people that want a Jeep, but really don't know what this is, so I'm hoping someone in this community is looking for a vintage CJ that's built to go essentially anywhere.

https://nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/1962...585995659.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00238-20100925-0757.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	105.0 KB 
ID:	31061  
    1962 CJ5 - 4" skyjacker lift springs, nitrogen shocks, steering box conversion, custom roll cage, CB, F134 engine, Solid axle Dana 44 rear, Dana 30 front (HD disks), 5.38 gears, 34x10.5x15 LTB's, DC-1 wheels, Lock-right rear, ARB front, Durabak inside and out

Quote Originally Posted by BLUERUBI View Post
    Just put up my CJ5 for sale. It's getting interest from shoppers in general, but I think it's more applicable to this crowd. Already getting tired of using my free time explaining everything to people that want a Jeep, but really don't know what this is, so I'm hoping someone in this community is looking for a vintage CJ that's built to go essentially anywhere.

https://nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/1962...585995659.html
    Question for the group since no one is biting yet. What do you think a reasonable asking price should be? I know my market size is limited, so Iíll have to balance time on sale vs. highest price. Right now Iím in the mood to have it out of the garage, so am curious about others opinions on the right value.
    1962 CJ5 - 4" skyjacker lift springs, nitrogen shocks, steering box conversion, custom roll cage, CB, F134 engine, Solid axle Dana 44 rear, Dana 30 front (HD disks), 5.38 gears, 34x10.5x15 LTB's, DC-1 wheels, Lock-right rear, ARB front, Durabak inside and out

sharp looking jeep !

try posting on expo or eBay ,personally google it on some sites for the price

OR

steves jeep does consignments ,out of the garage and he does the leg work
    Last edited by jeep crawl; 05-19-2018 at 03:51 PM.
    Scott / Team Jeep crawl

1997 Jeep TJ ,4 inch rough county x- series lift ,tom woods drive shafts with SYE ,BFG KM 2 33s ,smittybilt bumpers,rock-rails ,winch,skid plates ,stinkys off road full roll cage , ARB snorkel along/ with a few outer moderate add ons ,with a bunch of gear / tools for some moderate class six adventures ...with a Bantam Trailer, for those overland adventures.

Member of : Tread Lightly

Leave no trace / carry out more then you carry in

Thanks for the comments! Part of my issue is all the searching Iíve done for reference pricing. Even went thru an antique auto appraising site to help. Numbers are all over the map, especially when modifications are done, so I think a jeep like this is worth what a person is willing to pay on any given day. I can wait for the right buyer and get top dollar, or be happy with a quicker sale.

Didn't realize steveís does consignment. Biggest worry for me is that the jeep hasnít spent a night outdoors in around a decade, so I donít lie the idea of rain getting on it.

I donít think your price is unreasonable. Just have to give it a little to hook it up with the right buyer.
    It's all gone.