Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Finally a JK! Now best tire style for NH

Rubicon is offline Ex-Coordinator & Ex-Mod Certified Trail Leader
    MappingNH Trail Scout

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by vballman View Post
    ...Decisions suck lol
    At least you seem to be trying to make an educated one :)
    Traction, articulation, and gearing make a good off-road rig. Just a big lift, wide mud tires, and a winch simply do not ;)

Lol yes I am trying to make an educated one. I know what I'd love my JK to be, but I don't have the money nor a second vehicle to make it a trail machine. So love, hoping I can find a good balance as my build will be slow. So tires and protection first. Then flat fenders and a small lift. Getting married this summer slows it but it's awesome because she is getting the bug too!

Rubicon is offline Ex-Coordinator & Ex-Mod Certified Trail Leader
    MappingNH Trail Scout

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by vballman View Post
    ...Getting married this summer slows it but it's awesome because she is getting the bug too!
    That is awesome! Well the interest she also has in Jeeping, and not the getting married part, haha :P
    Traction, articulation, and gearing make a good off-road rig. Just a big lift, wide mud tires, and a winch simply do not ;)

Lol thanks. I got this one right! Best I got her hooked on Jeep. She only has a Renegade for now but she's loving my Wrangler. Sure it'll be her next vehicle. She's letting me upgrade mine so she's a keeper. Now to get the ok for tires sooner than later lol!!!

Default Newbie Too!

Awesome buy with the 2 door JK! I just got a '16 JKU 6spd and cannot wait to start customizing it. I gotta read through this thread and really get some good insight from everyone. Cheers and best of luck on the build!

Thanks, you as well. I did get the steps/rail protection on this past weekend. Posted in the members rigs section if you want to see them.

I can't speak for some of the newer ATs, but I had 2 vehicles come with BFG ATs (sorry to also be that guy) and both were terrible. Rubber was way too hard. Great street tire, long life...but terrible any time traction is needed. Snow on the street was like driving on ice, and any trail that had wet rocks...forget it. If it is a rig that gets used even moderately off road, I would go right to a good MT. My current Tacoma has some really cheap off brand MTs and they are still miles ahead of any of my ATs in snow or off road. The rubber the new JKUR came with stick like glue. I'm pretty impressed for a factory offering. I was originally disappointed that Rubicons don't come with MT-Rs any more, but I'm very happy with what we have so far.

This minor scuffing appears to be the only damage to my ko2's E load, and this is what scuffed it. Sidewalls seems good to me ;)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Gone now :( -2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2" BB, 4.88's, TT F&R, 33x10.5 km2's, xrc8 winch, uniden pro xl520 cb, 4' wilson
    Gone now too :( -2008 Rubicon, uniden pro xl520 cb, 5' wilson Silver Load, JCR engine skid, JCR evap skid
    Present-2012 JK Sahara-KO2's plus neat stock stuff

Buy a Gazetteer