Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Thread: This is how not to Recover a Vehicle

Default This is how not to Recover a Vehicle

Saw this posting on the Tacomaworld forum, though you guys would get a laugh out of it. This is a classic example of how not to recover a vehicle. So much went wrong here it's not even funny. Supposedly he slipped off some rocks and broke the passengers side u bolt.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/...-weird.543261/

Here is his explanation to what happened.
    "What up guys,
    I wanted to see how fast I could become famous on social media. Lol. I know everyone is saying they’re saying that. Before are you guys jump to conclusion some of your right and some of you are way off. Going up a steep incline with rocks and dirt I guess I slipped off a rock braking the Ubolt of the passenger rear which turned my axle breaking my dry shaft and shock."
    Mike

2009 Taco access cab. Mods: Airaid intake, Magnaflow exhaust, diif breather extended, Budbuilt skid plates, SOS Concept Sliders, SOS Rear Bumper, SOS Front Plate Bumper, OME 3" lift.
    2009 Yamaha FZ6R with Two Brothers exhaust and Juice Box.

I saw this...precious
    "I hope you get hit by a goose, right in the sway bar!"
    -anon

2015 Tacoma Access 4-banger (aka 'Scratchy') -> 255/85r16 ST Maxx, FJC wheels, 3" OME 887s/full dakar pack, CBI sliders and full skids, Pelfreybilt Hybrid bumper, ****tybilt 9.5 XRC winch, sway bar go by bye, ARB on-board air, many many zip-ties
    KC1GPY

OP from the thread: "It even claims it on my insurance. Going to pay about 2G’s to fix it."

Who claims that crap on insurance? WTH?
    91ish Ranger 351W Narrowed HP D44 SAS 14 Bolt C&C rear 39s 4.88s Locked F+R
    67 Kaiser/Jeep M715 38s 5.89 gears Running Project

Quote Originally Posted by farmer View Post
    OP from the thread: "It even claims it on my insurance. Going to pay about 2G’s to fix it."Who claims that crap on insurance? WTH?
    A lot of people unfortunately. That’s one of the reasons insurance rates are so high!
    It's all gone.

The best part is the truck was for sale as well.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Mike

2009 Taco access cab. Mods: Airaid intake, Magnaflow exhaust, diif breather extended, Budbuilt skid plates, SOS Concept Sliders, SOS Rear Bumper, SOS Front Plate Bumper, OME 3" lift.
    2009 Yamaha FZ6R with Two Brothers exhaust and Juice Box.

Rubicon is offline Ex-Coordinator & Ex-Mod Certified Trail Leader
    MappingNH Trail Scout

Talking

Hahaha!

Not everyone knows how to extract a vehicle, so those that actually do should step in, unless you are trying to help an unteachable person that does not think they need coaching so simply does not listen, which a few of us have unfortunately seen many times before...
    Traction, articulation, and gearing make a good off-road rig. Just a big lift, wide mud tires, and a winch simply do not ;)

Wow, that was crazy! I can't believe they kept pulling with the axle under the truck....

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk