Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Thread: Will I pass NH inspection

Default Will I pass NH inspection

I have flush mount led tail lights, will I pass NH inspection with them? Specifically they are the ones from warrior products red turn and brake lights and separate white reverse lights. The 3rd brake light is mounted in the center cap of the spare tire.

I would say, according to the law, it depends. Mainly it depends on if they decide to interpret it that way. Basically, by removing your OE tail light assembly, which had a side marker, and replacing it with the flush mount and you did not add a side marker, you are not compliant.
    This is why I don't trim my fenders, or at least is a reason. It would appear marker lights are required, front (amber) and rear (red) if the vehicle came with them. You MAY pass 99 times out of 100, but if you don't it's not the fault of the inspection station. It's all there in the rules, but people still call them "hard ass" because they choose to remain in business and not subject themselves to fines.
    I am not sure but I know a lot of states are moving to that 5 camera system, etc., that will really cut down on the obvious fails, but may also lead to more interpretation changes, as in err to the side of caution. Markers, mirrors, tires coverage, etc. It remains to be seen.
    Good luck.
    (12) Replacement lamps or component parts are not a type compatible with the manufacturer's original equipment; or
    http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rule...saf-c3200.html
    http://forums.exploringnh.com/showth...on-Regulations
    Gone now :( -2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2" BB, 4.88's, TT F&R, 33x10.5 km2's, xrc8 winch, uniden pro xl520 cb, 4' wilson
    Present-2008 Rubicon, uniden pro xl520 cb, 5' wilson Silver Load, JCR engine skid, JCR evap skid

Buy a Gazetteer

Quote Originally Posted by bob View Post
    I would say, according to the law, it depends. Mainly it depends on if they decide to interpret it that way. Basically, by removing your OE tail light assembly, which had a side marker, and replacing it with the flush mount and you did not add a side marker, you are not compliant.
    This is why I don't trim my fenders, or at least is a reason. It would appear marker lights are required, front (amber) and rear (red) if the vehicle came with them. You MAY pass 99 times out of 100, but if you don't it's not the fault of the inspection station. It's all there in the rules, but people still call them "hard ass" because they choose to remain in business and not subject themselves to fines.
    I am not sure but I know a lot of states are moving to that 5 camera system, etc., that will really cut down on the obvious fails, but may also lead to more interpretation changes, as in err to the side of caution. Markers, mirrors, tires coverage, etc. It remains to be seen.
    Good luck.
    (12) Replacement lamps or component parts are not a type compatible with the manufacturer's original equipment; or
    http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rule...saf-c3200.html
    http://forums.exploringnh.com/showth...on-Regulations
    Ugh thanks for the info. I guess I'll put side markers on if I fail. I know it's not their fault for failing me they are just doing their job. IF I do fail how long do I have to get compliant? I sold my DD so the jeep will have to be on the road every day till I find another pickup to DD. Although you guys have allot less cops on the road than we do down here in NJ so I guess it wouldn't be all that bad if I have to drive around with a bad inspection for a week or two till I get side markers in.

You have 10 days from registration to get vehicle inspected. There are no temporary waivers for safety failure. An EPA OBD II (emissions) failure receives a temporary waiver of 60 days to give owner time to make repairs.
    Last edited by Yipjeep; 04-03-2018 at 04:54 AM.