Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Thread: Remember When?

Default Remember When?

Here is a link to a review Doug Demuro just released. He came across a 1993 Wrangler with only about 25k miles on it. I enjoy his reviews. Hope you do too....

https://youtu.be/iVy17jx770U
    -You should spend 10 minutes in a hammock everyday , unless you are busy, then you should spend an hour.

2006 Jeep Wrangler X (TJ) - Stock.... except the 31" tires... just stock...
    ...oh no, wait, I bought a new top for it and also put up a sticky led light on the interior roof as a dome light and i put my first sticker on the body.

Cool, thanks for sharing! Reminds me of all the reasons the Bronco was better than the Wrangler in 1993.
    '93 Black Ford Bronco, "One Fast Chicken"
    Mostly stock but it was awesome from the factory anyway.

Rubicon is offline Ex-Coordinator & Ex-Mod Certified Trail Leader
    MappingNH Trail Scout

Cool

My best friend had one in red and there is a red one in Northwood Salvage. Never cared for the styling, but very cool to see old stuff like this. Thanks for sharing Dean :)
    Traction, articulation, and gearing make a good off-road rig. Just a big lift, wide mud tires, and a winch simply do not ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    My best friend had one in red and there is a red one in Northwood Salvage. Never cared for the styling, but very cool to see old stuff like this. Thanks for sharing Dean :)
    There is a red one of these on Winter Street in Claremont, been there for years. I agree, the styling is appaling, but still cool people keep them in this oe trim.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Gone now :( -2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2" BB, 4.88's, TT F&R, 33x10.5 km2's, xrc8 winch, uniden pro xl520 cb, 4' wilson
    Gone now too :( -2008 Rubicon, uniden pro xl520 cb, 5' wilson Silver Load, JCR engine skid, JCR evap skid
    Present-2012 JK Sahara-KO2's plus neat stock stuff

Buy a Gazetteer

a fun review but too nit picky at times and condescending at others.
    Back In Only Please

Quote Originally Posted by m_easty View Post
    I watched a couple more of his reviews and he's definitely weirdly nitpicky.

He reviewed an XJ Cherokee, and could not stop talking about how all the trim pieces had exposed screw heads, and the rear seats having no headrests, and how these were such wild and crazy Jeep things.

I also watched his review of a Lambo Countach and he did point out that the sun visor mirror was a small detachable mirror for "whatever you might need a mirror for. In a Lamborghini. In the 80's." wink wink.
    '99 TJ, 5.9L Magnum V8 swap, Ford 8.8" rear axle, HP D30 front axle w/ chromoly shafts and truss, hydro assist steering, 4.88, ARB lockers, 35s, tummy tuck
    She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself.

'97 ZJ
    , 5.2 V8, 2" spacer lift on 30's, 'The Beater'

KC1KAX

did they REALLY have those wierd-ass fenders??? I don't remember ever seeing glass fenders like that on any jeep as a teen. and I KNOW when the TJ was introduced they didn't have those
    -TYLER - - Illegitimi non carborundum - -
    '14 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4 V6 Auto
    -3" lift with Nisstec MK84 coilovers & OME leafs, HeftyFab skids & Whiteknuckle sliders, WARN Winch & bumper, 32" Duratracs

Quote Originally Posted by FreakinJeep View Post
    He reviewed an XJ Cherokee, and could not stop talking about how all the trim pieces had exposed screw heads, and the rear seats having no headrests, and how these were such wild and crazy Jeep things.
    apparently he didn't pay close attention to GM in the 70s & 80s (really anything that was pre-plastic interior) ... Nearly everything had screws... how else did you expect everything to stay together... those were the days... FAR easier to pull a dash apart than today.... (squints at dash center stack) '... now how teh hell did they get THAT to stay together... where do I pull to get it apart?!?!...'
    -TYLER - - Illegitimi non carborundum - -
    '14 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4 V6 Auto
    -3" lift with Nisstec MK84 coilovers & OME leafs, HeftyFab skids & Whiteknuckle sliders, WARN Winch & bumper, 32" Duratracs

Rubicon is offline Ex-Coordinator & Ex-Mod Certified Trail Leader
    MappingNH Trail Scout

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by mtyler11 View Post
    did they REALLY have those wierd-ass fenders??? I don't remember ever seeing glass fenders like that on any jeep as a teen. and I KNOW when the TJ was introduced they didn't have those
    Yes, YJ only with the "Renegade" package.
    Traction, articulation, and gearing make a good off-road rig. Just a big lift, wide mud tires, and a winch simply do not ;)

Quote Originally Posted by m_easty View Post
    He's no Brock Yates.
    An armed society is a polite society.

The over the top personality or whatever you want to call it has been his thing on all his videos. Been watching them for a few years now, more entertainment than informative. Sort of reminds me of the gonzo style of guys like PJ O'Rourke.
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.

-Thomas Jefferson