Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Thread: welding / fabrication person ...who do you use ?

Default welding / fabrication person ...who do you use ?

So who do you use ?

spring is approaching and i know the jeep needs some work....looking for a welder / fabrication person .rear upper coil spring mounts on my TJ

thanks for the input ,Scott
    Scott / Team Jeep crawl

1997 Jeep TJ ,4 inch rough county x- series lift ,tom woods drive shafts with SYE ,BFG KM 2 33s ,smittybilt bumpers,rock-rails ,winch,skid plates ,stinkys off road full roll cage , ARB snorkel along/ with a few outer moderate add ons ,with a bunch of gear / tools for some moderate class six adventures ...with a Bantam Trailer, for those overland adventures.

Member of : Tread Lightly

Leave no trace / carry out more then you carry in

My welder I use at my work(industrial and heavy equipment ) is bad ass and has a TJ but he’s in Westford MA, might be a bit or a drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rubicon is offline Ex-Coordinator & Ex-Mod Certified Trail Leader
    MappingNH Trail Scout

Lightbulb

Myself, steel only though, and no fab equipment.
    Don't know if Jared is still too busy or not?
    John from Pipe Dreams in Rochester, which might be too far for you as well.
    Chris seems to be very handy too ;)
    Thought you already had a thread going about this Scott?
    Traction, articulation, and gearing make a good off-road rig. Just a big lift, wide mud tires, and a winch simply do not ;)

Quote Originally Posted by jeep crawl View Post
    So who do you use ?

spring is approaching and i know the jeep needs some work....looking for a welder / fabrication person .rear upper coil spring mounts on my TJ

thanks for the input ,Scott
    If I were going to pay someone to weld on the YJ (Jared) Scerb would be my go to guy.
    MIKE
    Member: Treadlightly
    Water covers 3/4 of the earth, Jeep covers the rest.

had Jared weld / fab last time ,does amazing work ...not sure where he went ,have sent text / email and Pm

probably have done one Shawn ,but new post hopefully brings better luck

so, looking we go ......
    Scott / Team Jeep crawl

1997 Jeep TJ ,4 inch rough county x- series lift ,tom woods drive shafts with SYE ,BFG KM 2 33s ,smittybilt bumpers,rock-rails ,winch,skid plates ,stinkys off road full roll cage , ARB snorkel along/ with a few outer moderate add ons ,with a bunch of gear / tools for some moderate class six adventures ...with a Bantam Trailer, for those overland adventures.

Check with WKDTOM. He has been doing any welding work that I need done.
    Paul (FSHJNKY)

Jeff Clavett at https://www.automotive-excess.com/ in Laconia is the guy you are looking for.

Rubicon is offline Ex-Coordinator & Ex-Mod Certified Trail Leader
    MappingNH Trail Scout

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by jeep crawl View Post
    ...probably have done one Shawn ,but new post hopefully brings better luck so, looking we go ......
    Well I wish good luck than, and hope it comes out nice for you.

I did mine. It was not as bad as I thought it was going to be to do, and they came out good :)

Pics from both sides of finished job:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170612_143901.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	30528 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170612_143950.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	63.5 KB 
ID:	30529

This is the Rusty's(ironic, I know) kit that allows fore and aft adjustment of the springs, to fine tune the angle. I started off with their recommendation on placement, which I ended up staying with, and the springs are perfectly straight with no [common] bend(that TJ's usually have) from their own advanced 3" suspension lift kit. Lift height stayed true afterwards and the ride dramatically improved!
    Traction, articulation, and gearing make a good off-road rig. Just a big lift, wide mud tires, and a winch simply do not ;)

that looks great Shawn ,thats what i need done
    Scott / Team Jeep crawl

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrogeo View Post
    Jeff Clavett at https://www.automotive-excess.com/ in Laconia is the guy you are looking for.
    Jeff did mine a couple years ago. Was better than new. And couldn’t even tell he did it. Looked factory.
    It's all gone.

Steve Gunseth, just outside of Keene.

He's putting a partial age in Agnes right now, along with a flat belly, rock trac and SM465...

Very busy man, hard to get time in his shop, but he's been a jeeper since dirt.
    --
    Agnes - 1995 Jeep Wrangler (YJ) - 4 cylinder 35" MTRs, 3.5" Black Diamond Suspension SUA, Ford 8.8, HPD30 w/vacuum disco w/4.88s, ARB lockers front and rear, front shackle reversal, rear revolvers, lotsa skids, Bullet Proof steer modified, Mastercraft seats with PRP 5 point harness
    Ruby - 2016 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock Rubicon - bone stock except for Rock Hard skids