Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Trans NH Expedition June 8-10, 2018

Jeepin is offline Certified Trail Leader
    MappingNH Project Lead
    MappingNH Trail Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpskie View Post
    So, I've got to get ready for this trip. I will be out on a business trip till Wednesday night/ Thursday morning (red eye) and will have to drive up from Boston to meet you guys. I know you've probably already told me but, do you guys have any hotel recommendations for Thursday night? (I think I'm going to camp the rest of the nights but want to get a good nights sleep after all my travels.) I see the "At Bear Tree" has cabins and looks like a nice place to stay. But, now that I'm going solo, I'm hoping for something cheap and close while being clean. Is there an address for where we are meeting on Friday? I can use "the google" to figure something out that way too.

Thanks for the help, guys,
    LOL, no worries, I did reply to you just a couple posts up with a few ideas, Pittsburgh doesnt have much for hotels, mainly cabin lodges, little south in Stewartstown, NH are a couple motels. Anywhere from Colebrook, NH north allows you to have a 1 hour or less drive to the meeting location in the morning. My last post...:

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepin View Post
    Glad you could make it!

I do not plan on staying at any hotels, but there are options. If you go up Thursday night to Pittsburg, 'At Bear Tree' is one good option, but there are other cabins and motels in the area. Even some of the campsites such as Lake Francis have a few cabins for rent. The last store before the border is Young's Store, there is also a great breakfast spot across the parking lot.

In North Conway you have many many options, depends on what budget you want to be in.

In Newport I would say either the Newport motel or Hilltop motel. A little further away is the Sunapee lake lodge.

Friday morning everyone meets at the Canadian border at a designated time, the other mornings you would just need to meet us at the camp site at a specific time which I can inform you of the evening prior.
    You will be getting an information packet first thing next week that has trip information, meeting locations and times, but to help, we will be meeting at 8:00am Friday morning at the Rt 3 US Customs and Border Protection station. You will also be getting a copy of the GPX tracks which you can load into your phone or GPS device.
    /_/[]||||||[]\_\
    Crawler: 90' YJ, 4.0L, 35x13.5 BFG Krawlers, MT Wheels, Coyote Double Beadlocks, SOA Lift, Shackle Reversal, HP D30, Ford 8.8, Aussie Locked F&R, Rocky Road OTT Steering, SYE, Bilstein Shocks, XRC8 Winch, Full Cage, Armor and Dents.
    (Oo\||||||/oO)
    Daily Driver / Overlander: 04 WJ Overland, 4.7L HO, 3 OME Lift, 1 Spacers, 32 Duratracs, JK Wheels, Bilstein Shocks, Superwinch, Fawkes Minimax / Detours Recovery, Rola Roof Rack, Safari Doors.

Thanks Jeepin. As always, your posts are a huge help. I'll try to get my act together this afternoon.

Thanks again,
    1996 Landcruiser, 1HD-T Diesel, Gturbo Grunter, Dawes Boost Controller - 23psi, front/rear ARB lockers, ARB rear bumper, Slinky 3", Wholesale automatics A442f Extreme, 35" Duratracs, home built aluminum belly skid, modified TG Tacoma Sliders
    1989 Jeep Grand Wagoneer - 2" Alcan springs, 10" travel Gabriel shocks, 30" Yokohama AT/S
    2006 Evo 9 - 437hp/447ft-lb
    2000 Civic - B18C swap (Acura Integra GSR engine, transmission, ECU, Axles, shift linkage)

Is this the same route as the self guided one that can be purchased on the website? Due to my wife's schedule, I wouldn't be able to do this (hence not even attempting to sign up), but I would love to put together an abridged version for myself that we could do in less time.
    -Justin

MappingNH Project Lead
    MappingNH Trail Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Ornatov View Post
    Is this the same route as the self guided one that can be purchased on the website? Due to my wife's schedule, I wouldn't be able to do this (hence not even attempting to sign up), but I would love to put together an abridged version for myself that we could do in less time.
    Schedules can be hard to get around, but with the self-guided version it would allow you to do portions of the trip at different times of the year. The self-guided route is very similar, but the way it gets run with 12 vehicles is a little different as there would not be enough time in 3 days to hit every way point and road that we have mapped. The guided trip allows you to have fun and not worry about planning much, you can just enjoy the scenery and learn about new places in this state, while working on your overlanding skills and meeting new people.
    /_/[]||||||[]\_\
    Crawler: 90' YJ, 4.0L, 35x13.5 BFG Krawlers, MT Wheels, Coyote Double Beadlocks, SOA Lift, Shackle Reversal, HP D30, Ford 8.8, Aussie Locked F&R, Rocky Road OTT Steering, SYE, Bilstein Shocks, XRC8 Winch, Full Cage, Armor and Dents.
    (Oo\||||||/oO)
    Daily Driver / Overlander: 04 WJ Overland, 4.7L HO, 3 OME Lift, 1 Spacers, 32 Duratracs, JK Wheels, Bilstein Shocks, Superwinch, Fawkes Minimax / Detours Recovery, Rola Roof Rack, Safari Doors.

MappingNH Project Lead
    MappingNH Trail Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpskie View Post
    Thanks Jeepin. As always, your posts are a huge help. I'll try to get my act together this afternoon.

Thanks again,
    You bet! Let me know if you have other questions before Thursday.
    /_/[]||||||[]\_\
    (Oo\||||||/oO)

MappingNH Project Lead
    MappingNH Trail Scout

Everyone should have just received 2 emails. The 1st including attachments, being our information packet and the downloadable tracks. The 2nd email includes our contact information in case we need to be reached on your way up north. As stated, there is little to no service when you reach Pittsburg NH, so your best option Thursday night or Friday morning is to text, and hopefully it gets pushed through.

Thanks and see everyone soon!
    /_/[]||||||[]\_\
    (Oo\||||||/oO)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepin View Post
    Everyone should have just received 2 emails. The 1st including attachments, being our information packet and the downloadable tracks. The 2nd email includes our contact information in case we need to be reached on your way up north. As stated, there is little to no service when you reach Pittsburg NH, so your best option Thursday night or Friday morning is to text, and hopefully it gets pushed through.

Thanks and see everyone soon!
    Looking forward to it! We booked a site at the campground for Thursday night so we'll see ya then. Got to wait for the kids to get out of school n we'll be on our way!

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Looking forward to it! We booked a site at the campground for Thursday night so we'll see ya then. Got to wait for the kids to get out of school n we'll be on our way!
    I'll be at lake Francis campground late Thursday afternoon or early evening. Site 26. Will see you up there. Looking forward to a great trip.

MappingNH Project Lead
    MappingNH Trail Scout

Sounds great guys. I believe we are at site 23 up on the hill when you pull in. Hoping to arrive by 4pm at the latest.
    /_/[]||||||[]\_\
    (Oo\||||||/oO)

Finally made it. Took for ever to get here from Mass. Im at site 41. See you all tomorrow. Good night!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So far the trip has been excellent. I am hanging out at the base of Mt. Washington checking emails and the forum. The crew is on their way up top. The weather has been perfect. Last night was cool while setting up with a little rain throughout the night to help keep the dust down today. Today the weather has been perfect. The top of Mt. Washington is listed as 40-50 Miles of visibility and 39 degrees. Can't beat that since it was snowing up there just a few days ago. Looking forward to the remainder of the trip.
    Paul (FSHJNKY)

Default Video Log from the TNHX

Hey guys,

Great trip and a great crew; enjoyed meeting and wheeling with everyone. Check out these video logs on YouTube:

Day 1: https://youtu.be/DEUFjlKoP5Q
    Day 2: https://youtu.be/sFiIoxMSiMk
    Day 3: https://youtu.be/ca2QOVU2QIk

Shout out to Anthony and Paul; they did a great job.

Hope to see everyone on another trip.

Great videos, thanks for sharing...