Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Update on Custom Grille Project

Thanks! I like the idea of a black grille. Then it would be easy to try different mesh colors (and different Jeep colors too).

Prototype has been primed and is ready for painting. Also testing the fit with angry eyes and mesh backing.

Did the first test-fittings with the prototype today:

Looks great!
    2012 JKU Deep Cherry Red - 3.73's, LSD, Rock Krawler 2.5" Lift, TnT Skids, RR LCA Skids, PS HD Crossmember, JKS Steering Stabilizer Relo Bracket, Rock Hard Evap Relocation Kit, Rubicon Rails, Viair 450P OBA, LCA Hardware Upgrade, ARB EZ-Deflator, Warrior Hood Lifts, MetalCrafters Black SS Grill Mesh, Thule Roof Rack w/Hullavator Kayak Lift, ARB ARB705US 2-3/8" x 30' Recovery Strap, Cobra 75 CB, Superwinch TS 9500 Winch & Bumper, Nitto Ridge Grapplers 285/70/R17, Spidertrax 1.5" Spacers

Thanks, Ralph. I have to admit, it looks even better than I had imagined it . . . especially on a Rubicon Hard Rock! It matches the aggressive bumper styling perfectly.

The design patent should be finalized very soon, and then I will begin the most difficult part of this project: figuring out if it is possible to manufacture this product in the USA for a price that customers are willing to pay. Until I figure that out, there is still a good chance that this prototype might be the only Trail Beast grille ever made . . .

I think it looks good...for a jeep.
    An armed society is a polite society.