Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 8th Annual Western NH Fall Crawl - Oct 20th, 21st, 22nd, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by m_easty View Post
    wow, 17 camping so far, it's going to look like Woodstock. hahahaha
    It'll be strange to have neighbors!

Rubicon is offline Ex-Coordinator & Ex-Mod Certified Trail Leader
    MappingNH Trail Scout

Talking

I think it will be a record, if there is actually that many that will really do it ;)

Quote Originally Posted by cda View Post
    Funny story that Mike ^ will appreciate. We had a member with a screen name of MAD MARK(who was never really) get TOTALLY freaked out by Josh and Karen walking out from the woods from their campsite. He pointed, while shaking and stammering, and said in his broken English "p p p people....people walking out of woods!" We laughed so hard, and then it took some explaining to him that they were with us and that they were just camping. I think he might have seen too many horror movies, haha :)
    Traction, articulation, and gearing make a good off-road rig. Just a big lift, wide mud tires, and a winch simply do not ;)

I might head out into the woods a little. I'm alone so I'll probably be in the hammock. If I tied off to the apple tree out front I'd probably get one in the groin about 2am and that would be a rude awakening.
    '99 TJ, 8.8" rear - HP30 front w/ chromos and trusses, 4.88, ARB lockers, 35s, tummy tuck.
    She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself.

'97 ZJ, 5.2 V8, 2" BB on 30's, "The Winter Beater"

MappingNH Trail Scout

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by FreakinJeep View Post
    I might head out into the woods a little. I'm alone so I'll probably be in the hammock. If I tied off to the apple tree out front I'd probably get one in the groin about 2am and that would be a rude awakening.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MMA-Groin-Guard-font-b-Protective-b-font-Safety-font-b-Cup-b-font-male-Female.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	43.4 KB 
ID:	29618
    Traction, articulation, and gearing make a good off-road rig. Just a big lift, wide mud tires, and a winch simply do not ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    I think it will be a record, if there is actually that many that will really do it ;)
    At this point if weather.com is to be trusted, it actually looks like it won't be that bad camping weather. I wonder if that might have something to do with how many want to go that route. Not like a couple of years ago where we had a dusting of snow over Saturday night.
    -- Tundra (yes, really my name, not my truck!) - KC1DQY

2013 Wrangler Unlimited Sport - not stock any more - Schoolbus Yellow (er, 'Dozer')
    1952 M38A1 'Old Swampy' - pending reassembly into mostly stock form

Looks like I won't be able to get all the maintenance done on my truck with my current planned business trips. I will have to bow out of this one guys - please remove me from the list. Thanks for setting it all up and answering my questions guys! Have fun!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    '99 TJ, 8.8" rear - HP30 front w/ chromos and trusses, 4.88, ARB lockers, 35s, tummy tuck.
    She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself.

'97 ZJ, 5.2 V8, 2" BB on 30's, "The Winter Beater"

LOL. The eastland motel is now part campground. I like it ;)

Quote Originally Posted by FreakinJeep View Post
    String it across the river, drop a line in while your sleeping.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce988jl View Post
    Looks like I won't be able to get all the maintenance done on my truck with my current planned business trips. I will have to bow out of this one guys - please remove me from the list. Thanks for setting it all up and answering my questions guys! Have fun!!
    Sorry to hear! Thanks for the update.
    /_/[]||||||[]\_\
    Crawler: 90' YJ, 4.0L, 35x13.5 BFG Krawlers, MT Wheels, Coyote Double Beadlocks, SOA Lift, Shackle Reversal, HP D30, Ford 8.8, Aussie Locked F&R, Rocky Road OTT Steering, SYE, Bilstein Shocks, XRC8 Winch, Full Cage, Armor and Dents.
    (Oo\||||||/oO)
    Daily Driver / Overlander: 04 WJ Overland, 4.7L HO, 3 OME Lift, 1 Spacers, 32 Duratracs, JK Wheels, Bilstein Shocks, Superwinch, Fawkes Minimax / Detours Recovery, Rola Roof Rack, Safari Doors.

Default Friday night light requirements?

Are there extra light requirements for the Friday night run? If not requirements, any recommendations for a TJ?
    2003 TJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ivoryring View Post
    At this point if weather.com is to be trusted, it actually looks like it won't be that bad camping weather. I wonder if that might have something to do with how many want to go that route. Not like a couple of years ago where we had a dusting of snow over Saturday night.
    Or the one year it was held at Butters house instead of Mike's, when it got into the negatives overnight and we had one brave camper who woke up with a beard full of icicles.

If it's going to be nice maybe I'll pitch a hammock too.
    Big Jeep - 1998 ZJ Grand Cherokee 5.2 V8, NP242 ESY transfer case swap, Dana 44A rear axle protected by Mountain Vista Fabrication skid plate, Spartan front locker, reinforced uni-body rails, custom boxed steel rock sliders doubling as air tanks, 5.5" Long Arm lift, 1" DOM crossover steering with Heim joints, 33x10.5R15 BFG Mud Terrain tires, 12000lb Badlands winch.
    Little Jeep - 1997 ZJ Grand Cherokee, 4.0 I6. Completely stock.
    Kermit - 1970 Jeep J-2500 pickup

Quote Originally Posted by dschad View Post
    Are there extra light requirements for the Friday night run? If not requirements, any recommendations for a TJ?
    Low beams. We will be in a line of vehicles, so you don't want to blind the guy in front of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bigshot View Post
    Or the one year it was held at Butters house instead of Mike's, when it got into the negatives overnight and we had one brave camper who woke up with a beard full of icicles.

If it's going to be nice maybe I'll pitch a hammock too.
    LOL, I think he broke his drivers side window that day too, which aided in the icing.
    /_/[]||||||[]\_\
    Crawler: 90' YJ, 4.0L, 35x13.5 BFG Krawlers, MT Wheels, Coyote Double Beadlocks, SOA Lift, Shackle Reversal, HP D30, Ford 8.8, Aussie Locked F&R, Rocky Road OTT Steering, SYE, Bilstein Shocks, XRC8 Winch, Full Cage, Armor and Dents.
    (Oo\||||||/oO)
    Daily Driver / Overlander: 04 WJ Overland, 4.7L HO, 3 OME Lift, 1 Spacers, 32 Duratracs, JK Wheels, Bilstein Shocks, Superwinch, Fawkes Minimax / Detours Recovery, Rola Roof Rack, Safari Doors.

[QUOTE=Welcome to the forum as well. I would recommend the stock class, our NH trails are generally challenging and the moderate class trails will be very tough without a lift and winch.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Sounds like stock ride for me Saturday and Sunday. Looking forward to a fun weekend.

MappingNH Trail Scout

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bigshot View Post
    Or the one year it was held at Butters house instead of Mike's, when it got into the negatives overnight and we had one brave camper who woke up with a beard full of icicles...
    That was a good year Matt. We have been doing this for a long time ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepin View Post
    ...LOL, I think he broke his drivers side window that day too, which aided in the icing.
    Yep, haha :)

Quote Originally Posted by cda View Post
    I'll have to close the blinds when I get dressed, hahahaa
    Back In Only Please

I thought about setting up the Taj Ma Paul this year but decided to hotel it once I got the offer to share the room with a tall and slender wheeling buddy.
    Paul (FSHJNKY)