Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: White Knuckle Off Road Conversation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ivoryring View Post
    The White Knuckle ones are solidly mounted into the frame. The ones that piggyback off the body mounts will flex (I don't mean bend per se) at the body mount once you put the full weight of the Jeep on them, to the point they will make contact with the pinch seam. Ask me how I know this.
    My body mounted ones are for sale, they work great for regular off road use, but the more I used them the more they seemed to flex and made me quite nervous.
    Paul (FSHJNKY)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivoryring View Post
    The White Knuckle ones are solidly mounted into the frame. The ones that piggyback off the body mounts will flex (I don't mean bend per se) at the body mount once you put the full weight of the Jeep on them, to the point they will make contact with the pinch seam. Ask me how I know this.
    I've seen your pinch seam...

So I added a set for the JKU into my cart at White Knuckle -- Just to see the real, shipped price...

Quote Originally Posted by Heavyopp View Post
    I've seen your pinch seam...

So I added a set for the JKU into my cart at White Knuckle -- Just to see the real, shipped price...
    Did you buy them just to see how long they would take to get to your house. Haha
    Paul (FSHJNKY)

I didn't buy them -- I saw the part that said they would need a few weeks for production so they won't be here in time for VOR anyway

I do have a question about mounting -- are the mounts flat plates, where you drilled holes thru the frame to mount them up? Did they use existing holes?

in your last picture is that a mount wrapped around the bottom of the frame rail? How many times is it tied back to the frame?
    Last edited by Heavyopp; 09-02-2017 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavyopp View Post
    I didn't buy them -- I saw the part that said they would need a few weeks for production so they won't be here in time for VOR anyway

I do have a question about mounting -- are the mounts flat plates, where you drilled holes thru the frame to mount them up? Did they use existing holes?

in your last picture is that a mount wrapped around the bottom of the frame rail? How many times is it tied back to the frame?
    They are worth the wait. Can't rush quality, and these are definitely high quality. They are made in the USA and shipped when done. They communicated back and forth with me on measurements and talked me through different ideas and questions I had. Completely awesome to deal with. The front and rear are L shape brackets, 2 bolts in the side of the frame and 1 in the bottom in the front and 2 in the bottom, the middle bracket is just a plate so 2 bolts into the side of the frame. The front bottom uses an existing hole with a threaded bolt supplied to go right in, the rest need to be drilled.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2255.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	29245   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2256.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	29246   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2257.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	104.2 KB 
ID:	29247  
    Last edited by FSHJNKY; 09-02-2017 at 08:47 PM.
    Paul (FSHJNKY)