Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: White Knuckle Off Road Conversation Thread

Default White Knuckle Off Road Conversation Thread

White Knuckle Off Road is now a sponsor of ExploringNH. Please consider them when making your off-road purchases. I will be installing a set of their sliders in the next week or so. They are located in Apple Valley California, so let's support another US based company. I will post up some install pics and videos and some wheeling pics and videos when I use them.

http://white-knuckleoffroad.com
    Paul (FSHJNKY)

These guys have a god rep on TacomaWorld. And thats saying something, 'cause they are rough as heck on vendors.
    "I hope you get hit by a goose, right in the sway bar!"
    -anon

2015 Tacoma Access 4-banger (aka 'Scratchy') -> 255/85r16 ST Maxx, FJC wheels, 3" OME 887s/full dakar pack, CBI sliders and full skids, Pelfreybilt Hybrid bumper, ****tybilt 9.5 XRC winch, sway bar go by bye, ARB on-board air, many many zip-ties
    KC1GPY

The Nissan community also swears by them. Quick turn-around, bombproof. And the kick-out they add works great to pivot yourself around a rock or tree. They also have an option for tread plates. Really wish I had done the tread plates... would cut down on the sand-blasting the lower sides take...
    -TYLER - - Illegitimi non carborundum - -
    '14 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4 V6 Auto
    -3" lift with Nisstec MK84 coilovers & OME leafs, HeftyFab skids & Whiteknuckle sliders, 32" Duratracs

Rubicon is offline Ex-Coordinator & Ex-Mod Certified Trail Leader
    MappingNH Trail Scout

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by mtyler11 View Post
    The Nissan community also swears by them. Quick turn-around, bombproof. And the kick-out they add works great to pivot yourself around a rock or tree. They also have an option for tread plates. Really wish I had done the tread plates... would cut down on the sand-blasting the lower sides take...
    They can be added ;)
    Traction, articulation, and gearing make a good off-road rig. Just a big lift, wide mud tires, and a winch do not ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    They can be added ;)
    ya, I've looked into it... but I don't feel like welding tabs on (booger welding and all...) why, you volunteering?
    -3" lift with Nisstec MK84 coilovers & OME leafs, HeftyFab skids & Whiteknuckle sliders, 32" Duratracs

Rubicon is offline Ex-Coordinator & Ex-Mod Certified Trail Leader
    MappingNH Trail Scout

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by mtyler11 View Post
    ya, I've looked into it... but I don't feel like welding tabs on (booger welding and all...) why, you volunteering?
    I have and can do it, though I am not saying I am the best mig welder out there, but my welds look good and penetrate, and I can show some of my work and you can be the judge ;)
    Traction, articulation, and gearing make a good off-road rig. Just a big lift, wide mud tires, and a winch do not ;)

Quote Originally Posted by FSHJNKY View Post
    White Knuckle Off Road is now a sponsor of ExploringNH. Please consider them when making your off-road purchases. I will be installing a set of their sliders in the next week or so. They are located in Apple Valley California, so let's support another US based company. I will post up some install pics and videos and some wheeling pics and videos when I use them.

http://white-knuckleoffroad.com
    Paul did you ever put these on? -- I'm in the market and would love to see some better pictures than what is on their website -- Install pics?

Thanks, Jer

Yes. Working on an install write up. I will tell you that they are no joke. I am just under 400lbs and I stand on them and they don't budge. I had the entire Jeep sitting on the sliders, rock on each side and they didn't budge, we hi-lifted off of them and again, they didn't budge. They are SOLID and with all the weight of the Jeep sliding over rocks, they are scratched, not dented, not gouged just scratched. After a little touch up paint they will be back to looking new.

I will try to get my install pics and some pics and videos of them being used posted up by the end of the day.
    Last edited by FSHJNKY; 09-01-2017 at 10:30 AM.
    Paul (FSHJNKY)

Quote Originally Posted by Heavyopp View Post
    Paul did you ever put these on? -- I'm in the market and would love to see some better pictures than what is on their website -- Install pics?

Thanks, Jer
    I have jacked the truck up by just the kickout with a hi-lift (had to try out the new toy) and there was very little deflection. They REALLY hold up.

Haven't finished the write up yet, but here are some pics.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2258.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	133.1 KB 
ID:	29220   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2259.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	137.9 KB 
ID:	29221   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2260.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	112.8 KB 
ID:	29222   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2262.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	107.7 KB 
ID:	29223   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2263.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	135.0 KB 
ID:	29224  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2266.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	160.6 KB 
ID:	29225   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2267.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	153.3 KB 
ID:	29226   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2268.jpg 
Size:	163.2 KB 
ID:	29227   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2269.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	78.4 KB 
ID:	29228   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2270.jpg 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	29229  

Paul (FSHJNKY)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2331.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	125.8 KB 
ID:	29231   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2330.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	149.8 KB 
ID:	29230   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2332.jpg 
Size:	115.9 KB 
ID:	29232   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2333.jpg 
Size:	160.3 KB 
ID:	29233   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2334.jpg 
Size:	127.9 KB 
ID:	29234  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2335.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	156.1 KB 
ID:	29235   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2336.jpg 
Size:	153.2 KB 
ID:	29236   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2337.jpg 
Size:	170.5 KB 
ID:	29237   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2338.jpg 
Size:	107.0 KB 
ID:	29238   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2339.jpg 
Size:	118.4 KB 
ID:	29239  

Paul (FSHJNKY)

These are up at a 20 degree angle and I am so happy I chose that as I don't think I would've been happy if they were straight. If you want to check them out I can meet up with you sometime.
    Paul (FSHJNKY)

Quote Originally Posted by FSHJNKY View Post
    These are up at a 20 degree angle and I am so happy I chose that as I don't think I would've been happy if they were straight. If you want to check them out I can meet up with you sometime.
    Paul we met a few weeks ago -- At the newb ride -- I'm the guy from Jersey -- asked about the battery pack on your belt -- My wife was behind the wheel most of the day -- JKU in Tank

Anyway -- Most likely I'll have something before we meet again -- Thinking about going to the Vermont overland rally at end of the month and need to do a few things to give some protection -- Jersey Girl been asking for steps for awhile now -- even more so now that she may have a little offroad bug

Are these drilled to frame mount or do they use the body mounts? -- Hard to tell from the pictures

Any idea if white knuckle has any type of Labor day sale going? -- Forum discount?

The White Knuckle ones are solidly mounted into the frame. The ones that piggyback off the body mounts will flex (I don't mean bend per se) at the body mount once you put the full weight of the Jeep on them, to the point they will make contact with the pinch seam. Ask me how I know this.
    -- Tundra (yes, really my name, not my truck!) - KC1DQY

2013 Wrangler Unlimited Sport - not stock any more - Schoolbus Yellow (er, 'Dozer')
    1952 M38A1 'Old Swampy' - pending reassembly into mostly stock form

Quote Originally Posted by Heavyopp View Post
    Paul we met a few weeks ago -- At the newb ride -- I'm the guy from Jersey -- asked about the battery pack on your belt -- My wife was behind the wheel most of the day -- JKU in Tank

Anyway -- Most likely I'll have something before we meet again -- Thinking about going to the Vermont overland rally at end of the month and need to do a few things to give some protection -- Jersey Girl been asking for steps for awhile now -- even more so now that she may have a little offroad bug

Are these drilled to frame mount or do they use the body mounts? -- Hard to tell from the pictures

Any idea if white knuckle has any type of Labor day sale going? -- Forum discount?
    I will be at the VOR this year. They are frame mounted, they are a bit lower then the body mounted setups, but they offer a perfect step for getting in and out and offer great protection. I have to be honest I am in love.

I will email my contact at White Knuckle and find out.
    Paul (FSHJNKY)