Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Second Annual Fall Yota Run! - September 9th

Quote Originally Posted by Yota Lover View Post
    LOL, they are military radios. I'm just being a wise-@$$.

I've got a 2011 DCLB, 3" OME lift, open diffs, armor. Plenty of scratches and dents from bouncing off rocks and trees. Not too worried about pinstripes. Got about 20 years off-road experience in Army vehicles.

I'm new to the area so I haven't driven any of the trails you've got lined up, but I've been dying to explore the area. So desperate, I drove the washed out Class VI ##### in Lyndeborough on the way home today.

Which run do you recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sorry, I am a little slow on the uptake tonight. Spent all my energy making My Little Pony jokes in another thread!

Anyhow, Sounds like you might be OK with doing the hard run. You are open/open, so you might need a tug or two throughout the day. And it will be hard on your rig using the momentum you will need to clear obstacles. You can expect boulders, not just rocks on that run. If you are cool with that then go for it I would say if you don't have sliders, then I would go moderate.

With that being said, the pic you showed looks a lot like the moderate trails we will be running. So, if you dig that kind of thing, then go with the moderate run. There is already a waitlist for the moderate run, but people do always cancel at the last minute.
    Last edited by ecgreen; 08-12-2017 at 06:24 AM.
    "I hope you get hit by a goose, right in the sway bar!"
    -anon

2015 Tacoma Access 4-banger (aka 'Scratchy') -> 255/85r16 ST Maxx, FJC wheels, 3" OME 887s/full dakar pack, CBI sliders and full skids, Pelfreybilt Hybrid bumper, ****tybilt 9.5 XRC winch, sway bar go by bye, ARB on-board air, many many zip-ties
    KC1GPY

Quote Originally Posted by ecgreen View Post
    Sorry, I am a little slow on the uptake tonight. Spent all my energy making My Little Pony jokes in another thread!

Anyhow, Sounds like you might be OK with doing the hard run. You are open/open, so you might need a tug or two throughout the day. And it will be hard on your rig using the momentum you will need to clear obstacles. You can expect boulders, not just rocks on that run. If you are cool with that then go for it I would say if you don't have sliders, then I would go moderate.

With that being said, the pic you showed looks a lot like the moderate trails we will be running. So, if you dig that kind of thing, then go with the moderate run. There is already a waitlist for the moderate run, but people do always cancel at the last minute.
    You're not a closeted "brony", are you?

Put me on the hard run (have sliders) and waitlist me for moderate. The wife may make my participation contingent on bringing my son (5 yrs old). I've rattled him around on some fun trails and he loves it, but I'm not 100% certain he's ready to hear my colorful language when I get swamped in a hole and have to climb into the mud to hook up.

Besides, if Johnny can't pull, push, or otherwise cajole me over an obstacle on the hard course I can always put it in reverse and roll back to the house. Either way, it's all good fun!

Quote Originally Posted by ecgreen View Post
    Love the Brute Force rear bumper!
    Yeah, I really like it. Saved my ass, literally, a few times.

Democratik Peoples Republik of Massachusetts

For those of you that being kids, I'm bringing my 3yo daughter for her first all day wheeling trip ( and my 1yo son). What do you guys do about the bathroom for them? The 1yo is happy to **** his pants, but the 3 yo has been pretty trained for quite a while, though I'm not sure how she'll fare popping a squat I'm the woods. Anyone have good luck with one of those seats that goes on a bucket, or one of the little folding toilet with a bag under?
    07 FJ Cruiser -Built for expeditions to daycare and the mall
    11 T4R - Soccer Mom White
    92 toyota pickup - #1 choice of transportation for militants worldwide

Quote Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
    For those of you that being kids, I'm bringing my 3yo daughter for her first all day wheeling trip ( and my 1yo son). What do you guys do about the bathroom for them? The 1yo is happy to **** his pants, but the 3 yo has been pretty trained for quite a while, though I'm not sure how she'll fare popping a squat I'm the woods. Anyone have good luck with one of those seats that goes on a bucket, or one of the little folding toilet with a bag under?
    My son has always literally done his "business" right there in nature. We keep some wipes on hand for hasty rest-stops. He's got a regular schedule though, so we're proactive on getting it done when there are facilities.

Do you still have your training potty? You could bag that and be on your way with little hassle.

Democratik Peoples Republik of Massachusetts

I've always got wipes. They are the best thing since sliced bread in the bathroom. Ya I've still got her training seat, that's not a bad idea
    07 FJ Cruiser -Built for expeditions to daycare and the mall
    11 T4R - Soccer Mom White
    92 toyota pickup - #1 choice of transportation for militants worldwide

Quote Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000F...s=luggable+loo

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0024...PZZRBF1QH5A3FB

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B010G...m0L&ref=plSrch

howdy hey!

May be interested in the moderate run so put me on that good ol' wait list

Quote Originally Posted by screwb View Post
    howdy hey!

May be interested in the moderate run so put me on that good ol' wait list
    Done
    -anon

2015 Tacoma Access 4-banger (aka 'Scratchy') -> 255/85r16 ST Maxx, FJC wheels, 3" OME 887s/full dakar pack, CBI sliders and full skids, Pelfreybilt Hybrid bumper, ****tybilt 9.5 XRC winch, sway bar go by bye, ARB on-board air, many many zip-ties
    KC1GPY

I'd love to join the waitlist for the moderate run. This sounds like a great time and I'm happy to finally be a part of the yota community!
    2016 Toyota 4Runner TE

Helle everyone. HolyHandGrenade introduced me to this site, and I would like to be a part of the hard run. Looking forward to wheeling in NH.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingman108 View Post
    I'd love to join the waitlist for the moderate run. This sounds like a great time and I'm happy to finally be a part of the yota community!
    You are waitlisted my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by Gman View Post
    Helle everyone. HolyHandGrenade introduced me to this site, and I would like to be a part of the hard run. Looking forward to wheeling in NH.
    You are on!
    -anon

KC1GPY