Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Second Annual Fall Yota Run! - September 9th

Hope everyone had fun! The mod group finished up somewhere between 8 and 9, not sure. It was a good 10 hours in the woods! At the end we had 8 rigs still going strong. Thanks to FreekinJeep for leading the hard run, Tech7 for spotting and scouting, BananaPeelOut for Tailgunning and general shenanigans, Jason who is apparently the Mozart if spotting, and everyone else who participated. I had a great time, and I am already looking forward to and planning next year's run. Hopefully someone wil start a pic thread...I am lazy.

Sean
    "I hope you get hit by a goose, right in the sway bar!"
    -anon

2015 Tacoma Access 4-banger (aka 'Scratchy') -> 255/85r16 ST Maxx, FJC wheels, 3" OME 887s/full dakar pack, CBI sliders and full skids, Pelfreybilt Hybrid bumper, ****tybilt 9.5 XRC winch, sway bar go by bye, ARB on-board air, many many zip-ties
    KC1GPY

Yeah, what he said. Great time. Great guys and LOTS of fun and laughs. Those trails have definitely gotten harder than earlier this year, but we did a good job getting through them. Big props to Jason for his spotting prowess and for he and Drew navigating Papa Bear! Thanks to everyone. Look forward to seeing you all again.
    2011 FJ 6 speed, 3"Toytec lift 285/70R17 Cooper ST MAXX, homemade winch bumper, dual batteries

Thanks again for putting this run together Sean. I had a blast. It's nice not having aaaalll those Jeeps around all the time. It was nice seeing familiar faces and meeting new ones. Thank you to those that spotted me and helped the 4RUNNER return home in one piece. That thing impresses me every time what it can do straight from the showroom. Thanks again and looking forward to another Jeepless run. Hope everyone made it home safely. See you in a couple weeks Don.

Sean and Ben - great work setting everything up and same to those who did the scouting of the trails. I definitely learned a lot yesterday both as a driver and a spotter.

Minor vibes from the scratch on the driveshaft but nothing unmanageable - I'll have to source a spare to swap in and have this one rebuilt.

Thanks for everyone else's help especially getting down papa bear and sorry about the delay haha.

No doubt about it... that was a fun run. Great group, minimal pavement, and interesting obstacles. My comfort zone has widened bit. Watching how other folks with similar rigs just walk right over what I had considered impossible will do that I guess. Thanks to Sean and Ben for making it happen and keeping the group together and Jason for the excellent spotting. I'm looking forward to the 3rd annual Yota run... when can I sign up?

Quote Originally Posted by HARPUA View Post
    looking forward to another Jeepless run.
    Its ok you can admit it...you miss the Jeeps.

My brother and I had a great time on the trip. Thanks to all involved in making it happen. I realized that this is a small pool of New England Toyota experts and I have a question that I hope someone can help with. A while back, on this forum (maybe tacomaworld ) I saw something about a fabricator/ welder that specializes in Toyota truck mods and repair. He's s somewhere in southern New Hampshire. Anyone know who I'm talking about?
    Last edited by dklein90; 09-11-2017 at 08:24 PM.

It's sounds like the mod and hard groups both had a lot of fun, and a lot of us were able to learn about our rigs capabilities, our own skills, and how much our trail-mates are willing to lend a hand or give a spot. I know I felt very comfortable slamming my trail limo through some gnarly crag with all of the great folks who were there. I'm really excited at the possibility of future runs with you guys. My hat is off to both the organizers and participants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk