Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Thread: Heads up for Photobucket uses-

Default Heads up for Photobucket uses-

"Some features on your account have been disabled."

Basically if you have linked your picture from Photobucket - you'll see a "Account disabled image" and NOT your pic. The pics are still they in your account ( How long- who knows ) So all the builds-info-etc from hundreds of thousands (might be millions!!!) of pictures might go missing.

They have asked for a "ransom" to use this feature since they decided to change the "Terms of Service" without warning.

To upgrade is only $40/month and a "discount rate" of $400 year!!

Here's an article on it- and in the article it tells how to download your pics since who knows what's next...

https://www.ghacks.net/2017/06/30/ph...hosted-images/

Below is an example that I just saw on this forum.

http://forums.exploringnh.com/showth...-for-sale-8500
    Molôn Labé!
    An armed society is a polite society.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities."-Ayn Rand

Another article about it.

https://www.pcmag.com/news/354711/ph...s-the-internet

OK-Vadered from another site...

There is a sort of a work around...If you want to view the picture.

Here's how-

Right click on "The Ransom note" image and then click "copy image location."

Then you can paste it to your browser and it'll take you directly to the Photobucket picture...

Not great- but if you need/want to see the pic- there is a way around.

I'm downloading my pics right now-as I can't think of a better way to completely put yourself out of business...

You can download a whole album- but if it has more than say 50 pictures- it takes forever.

To download a complete album-Go to the Album you want to copy - while you still can.
    On the right under "Actions" click on "download album" then follow the prompts.
    Molôn Labé!
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities."-Ayn Rand

Thanks for the heads up. I only just started using it again the last couple days too lol. It was finally working well. The links I posted in a couple threads are still visible at least.
    Oh, strangely enough, or ironically, your ghacks link was broken.
    Gone now :( -2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2" BB, 4.88's, TT F&R, 33x10.5 km2's, xrc8 winch, uniden pro xl520 cb, 4' wilson
    Present-2008 Rubicon, uniden pro xl520 cb, 5' wilson Silver Load, JCR engine skid, JCR evap skid

Buy a Gazetteer

Molôn Labé!

This really grinds my gears, I pulled everything out of that disaster and am hosting them my self. I got lucky and the photobucket download has the same file names as the links, so I only had to find and replace the Photobucket url with the URL of my site.

Still brought the suck for a build thread with 10's of pages.

Grumble

hope they go out of business, that was a dick move, especially without a real announcement to their users.

Quote Originally Posted by cda View Post
    This really grinds my gears, ...

hope they go out of business, that was a dick move, especially without a real announcement to their users.
    Good way to hand image hosting to Google... for 1/4 the cost I can store/host 1TB... for free I get 15GB... hopefully they recognize the monumental folly and about-face.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8b3.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	88.0 KB 
ID:	28917  
    -TYLER - - Illegitimi non carborundum - -
    '14 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4 V6 Auto
    -3" lift with Nisstec MK84 coilovers & OME leafs, HeftyFab skids & Whiteknuckle sliders, 32" Duratracs

Quote Originally Posted by mtyler11 View Post
    Good way to hand image hosting to Google... for 1/4 the cost I can store/host 1TB... for free I get 15GB... hopefully they recognize the monumental folly and about-face.

This site has some issues with regards to using google photos. Some can see them, some cant. Ironically, I am having better luck than ever using photobucket. The new app is ten times better than it ever was, and super easy to use and post with now. And all that fn jumpy lag is gone
    Gone now :( -2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2" BB, 4.88's, TT F&R, 33x10.5 km2's, xrc8 winch, uniden pro xl520 cb, 4' wilson
    Present-2008 Rubicon, uniden pro xl520 cb, 5' wilson Silver Load, JCR engine skid, JCR evap skid

Buy a Gazetteer

this blows.
    Buggy Project: d60 front, 14 bolt rear, Jakes Stage 5 4L80e, Race Case Atlas, Mast build LS3 6.8L, Vague Industries Chassis
    2015 F250 gas
    1992 Geo Metro Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by cda View Post
    This really grinds my gears, I pulled everything out of that disaster and am hosting them my self. I got lucky and the photobucket download has the same file names as the links, so I only had to find and replace the Photobucket url with the URL of my site.

Still brought the suck for a build thread with 10's of pages.

Grumble

For the techies here...

I don't mind hosting my own images. But what do you do for super easy seamless upload and copy/paste URLs? I looked for a wordpress plugin and didn't find anything.

Do you upload manually and get then get the URLs manually?

I tried putting the images into a Wordpress media library but when I used them I got the extremely large full size images. Photobucket handled that gracefully.
    --
    Agnes - 1995 Jeep Wrangler (YJ) - 4 cylinder 35" MTRs, 3.5" Black Diamond Suspension SUA, Ford 8.8, HPD30 w/vacuum disco w/4.88s, ARB lockers front and rear, front shackle reversal, rear revolvers, lotsa skids, Bullet Proof steer modified, Mastercraft seats with PRP 5 point harness
    Ruby - 2016 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock Rubicon - bone stock except for Rock Hard skids

I think that's the general consensus. Luckily for me I really only used it to upload photos to the forum, so everything i have is still local at home, but sucks for all the forum threads... and I don't see many of us re-directing everything unless its maybe a build thread.

I still see all of my posted photos here that I used IMG links for... but I see a lot of others that are broken. Might be my cache, but I checked from a coworkers computer and had Coby check from her work, and mine are still all showing at each location. Hmm... I have a free account with the bonus free gigs for having the app on my phone. For example, check this thread from back in 2014, Paul your photos are broken when I look (Post #16), but mine are there (Post#29). Do you guys see mine? http://forums.exploringnh.com/showth...V-Photos/page2

We can also use the ENH forum upload feature, but file size limits require reducing the file size before posting. When I've done it in the past I just edit the image in paint and re-size it, then re-save. Takes a long time for a lot of photos though...
    /_/[]||||||[]\_\
    Crawler: 90' YJ, 4.0L, 35x13.5 BFG Krawlers, MT Wheels, Coyote Double Beadlocks, SOA Lift, Shackle Reversal, HP D30, Ford 8.8, Aussie Locked F&R, Rocky Road OTT Steering, SYE, Bilstein Shocks, XRC8 Winch, Full Cage, Armor and Dents.
    (Oo\||||||/oO)
    Daily Driver / Overlander: 04’ WJ Overland, 4.7L HO, 3” OME Lift, 1” Spacers, 32” Duratracs, JK Wheels, Bilstein Shocks, Superwinch, Fawkes Minimax / Detours Recovery, Rola Roof Rack, Safari Doors.

I still see yours. Not sure how you got away with it.

There's no way I have the time to go back through all my posts on the off-road and geo forums I am on, but at a minimum I need to go back through my current build thread. I've made a lot of progress on the buggy but haven't updated my thread since it's garbage until I fix it.
    Buggy Project: d60 front, 14 bolt rear, Jakes Stage 5 4L80e, Race Case Atlas, Mast build LS3 6.8L, Vague Industries Chassis
    2015 F250 gas
    1992 Geo Metro Convertible

They are slowly picking users off. Mine lasted a couple weeks and I used it a bunch, but then I got an email and they were all dead. So I wont use them for anything

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Buy a Gazetteer

Here is a bizarre and interesting fix, and it works.
    Add ~original to the end of the code. Just drop it in right before the [/img]. I just did this to three of mine here and it worked. We'll see if it will last or if it is a temporary fix.

Buy a Gazetteer