Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SW NH Newbie Run Sign Ups - June 24th

Sounds like this should be called the reptile run. (Bringing your pet mouse is NOT suggested)
    2011 FJ 6 speed, 3"Toytec lift 285/70R17 Cooper ST MAXX, homemade winch bumper, dual batteries

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyStrike View Post
    Dgagne are you going to bring your Tegu out again? Maybe my daughter will bring our ball python (Phoenix) out one of these times
    That is a gorgeous Ball. I haven't decided what I will bring this time. I may bring my dog (Tonks) that I brought on the camping trip.
    -You should spend 10 minutes in a hammock everyday , unless you are busy, then you should spend an hour.

2006 Jeep Wrangler X (TJ) - Stock.... except the 31" tires... just stock...
    ...oh no, wait, I bought a new top for it and also put up a sticky led light on the interior roof as a dome light and i put my first sticker on the body.

If I recall you'll all did the previous Newbie and opt'd for the harder trail at the end of the day. Are you all game for that? I can bump this one up a notch.

Also note, do you any of you have a chainsaw? We were out and about today, not quite pre-running but, yeah, we were in the woods.

This one is easy to clear, just put a strap on it and tug but the bugs were bad so we didn't.

This one, well, is going to take some time. See, at exploringnh we aim to please, to teach all about off-roading and trail clearing. This beast is about 2' in diameter. The good news is that it is rotten. The bad news is, well, it is 2' in diameter. We can't even drag it to the side, assuming that it wouldn't fall apart, then the trail would be really narrow.

None of you have a full size pickup, right? At least one of these trails is TIGHT.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4008.JPG.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	177.0 KB 
ID:	28654   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4006.JPG.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	189.7 KB 
ID:	28655  
    --
    Agnes - 1995 Jeep Wrangler (YJ) - 4 cylinder 35" MTRs, 3.5" Black Diamond Suspension SUA, Ford 8.8, HPD30 w/vacuum disco w/4.88s, ARB lockers front and rear, front shackle reversal, rear revolvers, lotsa skids, Bullet Proof steer modified, Mastercraft seats with PRP 5 point harness
    Ruby - 2016 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock Rubicon - bone stock except for Rock Hard skids

The group with Ralph, that stayed the entire time chose to take things up a bit on the last trail. I'm ok with going up a little bit more in difficulty as long as everyone else in the group is up with the upgrade - no peer pressure - staying on the easy stuff is ok too. As to the second question - I don't have a saw.
    Dan, Cheri & Autumn
    01 Black Lx470 / Land Cruiser

I'm in! Stock Sahara. I'm still on temp plates and will PM.

I'm fine with the step up. I, however am in a stock TJ X. Not sure how that compares to the Sahara but am pretty sure I was the only one without a lift (other than the Rubicon and Land Rover that didnt need one) on Ralph's run. I did bounce off quite a bit of rocks on the last part of the run. So having daid that i will probanly need a spot and take it a bit slower if your intention is to hit anything that is stock challenging.

I think i can get my hamdd on chainsaw. I will let you know closer to the weekend.
    Last edited by Dgagne; 06-18-2017 at 11:15 PM.
    -You should spend 10 minutes in a hammock everyday , unless you are busy, then you should spend an hour.

2006 Jeep Wrangler X (TJ) - Stock.... except the 31" tires... just stock...
    ...oh no, wait, I bought a new top for it and also put up a sticky led light on the interior roof as a dome light and i put my first sticker on the body.

Right now I'm leaning towards keep the run in its original plan! The one big downed tree is going to take some time to clear and that can cost us some time. The challenging part could be as we're getting dark, depending on what roads we do before etc... lets see how the days goes.

And if anybody, ANYBODY, wants to keep it stock, but doesn't want to disappoint the others, just send me a private message, no problems at all!
    --
    Agnes - 1995 Jeep Wrangler (YJ) - 4 cylinder 35" MTRs, 3.5" Black Diamond Suspension SUA, Ford 8.8, HPD30 w/vacuum disco w/4.88s, ARB lockers front and rear, front shackle reversal, rear revolvers, lotsa skids, Bullet Proof steer modified, Mastercraft seats with PRP 5 point harness
    Ruby - 2016 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock Rubicon - bone stock except for Rock Hard skids

Looks like I can make this happen. Please include me and my 7.5 month old Golden Retriever, Huckleberry. I was on Ralph's run, and am fine with whatever. :)

I have a chainsaw, but it's not up to something like that beast of a tree!

Got room for 1 more? I'd love to meet everyone! And my son (6) is pretty excited to join!

Thanks.

Andy

P.S. I'm game for an upgraded difficulty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post 1 is updated!

And we may, just may, chainsaw it out Thursday or Friday evening.
    --

I'm good with whatever you think it's going to be the best route... as long as there are no huge boulders lol

Quote Originally Posted by NotThePainter View Post
    Post 1 is updated!

And we may, just may, chainsaw it out Thursday or Friday evening.
    Everyone that went on Ralph's run made it up doorknocker hill (from FYGO16 in the dark) and Recon is only limited by his clearance... I think its safe to say you'll have an adventurous crew...
    -TYLER - - Illegitimi non carborundum - -
    '14 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4 V6 Auto
    -3" lift with Nisstec MK84 coilovers & OME leafs, HeftyFab skids & Whiteknuckle sliders, 32" Duratracs

Default Hoping to go on this run!

It might be too late, but if its not I'd love to sign up for the run. I just joined the forum and I'm looking to meet people and get out on some of the class VI roads. I've been on some in the Washington area, it was a blast. I have a 2016 Jeep JKU Rubicon with a small 2.5" lift and bigger tires and a 1997 Jeep XJ with a 4.5" lift on 33's. Both rigs are street legal and ready to go. I would most likely take the Rubicon because there will be quite a bit of highway driving to get out to Keene. Let me know if I can join in. Thanks!

Dom

I'm in if there is still room.
    Last edited by YJsahara; 06-20-2017 at 07:33 AM.

Wish I could go on this run. It's right by my house. I'm going on the tnhx though. You should make another run in keene in the future :D
    Last edited by 80yota; 06-20-2017 at 07:25 PM.
    97 FZJ80, 7 pin mod, general Grabber at2, ARB bumper,Slee sliders, CB radio