Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Moab, UT, March 2018

All the gas station beer will be 3.2% but the liquor store in town and the Moab brewery have full strength stuff

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    SOLD - 1990 Jeep YJ, 4.2L Fuel-Injected 6-Cylinder, 4" Lift, 35" Old Style Goodyear MTR's, Front and Rear Lockers, 4.10 Gear Ratio, Superwinch 9500lb Winch
    SOLD - 2012 Ram 1500, 10.5" of lift, 40" Yokohama Geolandar MT's, Magnaflow Muffler, QTP E-Cutout, Superchips Tuner, so much more!
    Wheeling Rig - 2004 Jeep TJ Rubicon 4.0 5 Speed, 4" Long Arm, 1" BL and MML, Tummy Tuck, Full Skid Plating, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Full Roll Cage, 35" Goodyear MTR's, lots more..
    Tow Rig - 2014 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins

Quote Originally Posted by NHfireYJ View Post
    Well, the movie Smokey and the Bandit comes to mind, and the term boot legging for those of us driving... I'll probably " forget" about that beer in the bed of the truck.. :)
    Heh. I lived in Texarkana for 24 years. At the time Smokey was made (which was one of the major plot lines), Coors wasn't available east of Texas, so they went to Texarkana to get some.

Uhhh... except that Texarkana, Texas, was dry then, and remained dry until 2015. Texarkana, Arkansas, was wet, but you couldn't buy Coors there.

The annual "Bandit Run" of Trans Ams still runs through both towns, though.

Shipping has been arranged, somehow things are falling into place quite nicely. Also I would suggest anyone going to the white wash sand dunes, that is our destination on the way from Salt Lake City to Moab get themselves a dune flag.

https://www.amazon.com/BEETLE-TRUCK-...ords=dune+flag

something like that. There will be a meeting in February to go over final details.
    2006 LR3 - Usually broken

Quote Originally Posted by joemcd View Post
    Shipping has been arranged, somehow things are falling into place quite nicely. Also I would suggest anyone going to the white wash sand dunes, that is our destination on the way from Salt Lake City to Moab get themselves a dune flag.

https://www.amazon.com/BEETLE-TRUCK-...ords=dune+flag

something like that. There will be a meeting in February to go over final details.
    Thanks Joe. Flag ordered...
    -Sam
    Audrey 1995 YJ Unlimited (LJ Stretch) SOA on 35's with Cherokee 4.0 / AW4

LUCY...2005 Unlimited "LJ" Rubicon Sahara #495 Currie 4", 1"BL 35 MTR Kevlars on Moabs, Sold
    BETTY, aka...94 SE, Stroked 4.6, 4" lift,1" Booms,1" BL, , D30, w/ Aussie, 8.8 w/ LSD. SOLD
    2013 GMC Duramax 2500 Crewcab, on 33's

Default GPS text / locator

Was reading due to poor cell service these are a good idea... Locator in an emergency and can also send text messages...

Thoughts..

https://www.findmespot.com/en/index.php?cid=100

Looks good even when hiking etc...might get one...
    -Sam
    Audrey 1995 YJ Unlimited (LJ Stretch) SOA on 35's with Cherokee 4.0 / AW4

LUCY...2005 Unlimited "LJ" Rubicon Sahara #495 Currie 4", 1"BL 35 MTR Kevlars on Moabs, Sold
    BETTY, aka...94 SE, Stroked 4.6, 4" lift,1" Booms,1" BL, , D30, w/ Aussie, 8.8 w/ LSD. SOLD
    2013 GMC Duramax 2500 Crewcab, on 33's

That is pretty cool, if I did stuff more often Iíd get one. But I donít think Iím out enough to justify the cost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NHfireYJ View Post
    Was reading due to poor cell service these are a good idea... Locator in an emergency and can also send text messages...

Thoughts..

https://www.findmespot.com/en/index.php?cid=100

Looks good even when hiking etc...might get one...

Those work well for getting messages back and forth to friends and family when you're not in cell service/soloing somewhere, however if you plan to rely on it to get you help in the event of an emergency it is NOT a PLB replacement. If I had to choose between a spot and a PLB I'd take the PLB every day. The support network is significantly more robust behind the PLB. It's also a true piece of SAR gear, and the new versions are 121.5 MHz beacons while also utilizing satellite to transmit Lat/Long's to SAR. There's a good writeup at the link below.
    https://www.outdoorgearlab.com/topics/camping-and-hiking/best-personal-locator-beacon/buying-advice

Spent all of today working out my schedule for the next 50 days :D

Started working on building routes for the trip this evening. Got my first draft together and on the website!

To The Lab!!

Quote Originally Posted by cda View Post
    Spent all of today working out my schedule for the next 50 days :D

Started working on building routes for the trip this evening. Got my first draft together and on the website!

To The Lab!!

It is sneaking up, and the calendar is filling up, and time is running out to get things ready! I look at maps and trials and youtube every day, and i think i'm happy with the routes in the first post, but everything can be changed while we are out there.

There has been some talk from some of the folks in the hotel group about camping for one night. I like this idea, and I have put some thought into it, and I think monday night would work best. We can find a spot in the Sand Flats Recreation Area, as that is where we are wheeling that day, and make it happen. Of course if this happens, and the exact day is dependent on weather, but i think it would be nice to spend a night outside if it works out. I'd still want to go to the hotel and get ready in the morning because im extremely set in my morning routine, and that where we would depart from for the next day. So if anyone is interesting in spending one night outdoors we can certainly make it happen without impacting those that don't.

It is sneaking up, and the calendar is filling up, and time is running out to get things ready! I look at maps and trials and youtube every day, and i think i'm happy with the routes in the first post, but everything can be changed while we are out there.

There has been some talk from some of the folks in the hotel group about camping for one night. I like this idea, and I have put some thought into it, and I think monday night would work best. We can find a spot in the Sand Flats Recreation Area, as that is where we are wheeling that day, and make it happen. Of course if this happens, and the exact day is dependent on weather, but i think it would be nice to spend a night outside if it works out. I'd still want to go to the hotel and get ready in the morning because im extremely set in my morning routine, and that where we would depart from for the next day. So if anyone is interesting in spending one night outdoors we can certainly make it happen without impacting those that don't.
    I think that sounds fantastic Joe, thanks again for putting the Moab trip together. I certainly appreciate it!
    2014 JKUR
    White/Auto/4:10's
    Teraflex 2.5" spacer lift~Poison Spyder HD transmission crossmember~RockHard 4x4 engine, transfer case and fuel tank aluminum skids~
    PureJeep electronic swaybar disconnect steel skid~Dominion Offroad evap relocation~IPF headlight upgrade~Cobra 75wxst

Quote Originally Posted by XJ_Dave View Post
    I think that sounds fantastic Joe, thanks again for putting the Moab trip together. I certainly appreciate it!
    Thanks Dave!

Us being at the very beginning of when things start to happen in Moab, and on a Monday night, I think we won't have any issue finding a site or two close together. Two vehicles is the max per site. If we everyone wants to camp that night I will attempt to reserve one of the larger group sites. Currently i can't because the government is shut down

https://www.recreation.gov/camping/s...&parkId=154040

Thanks for all of your hard work Joe. I am on board with whatever works for everybody. I love the idea of spending a night under the stars. Romantic...
    Quote Originally Posted by XJ_Dave View Post
    Agreed. Thank You Joe.
    Thanks Dave!

Us being at the very beginning of when things start to happen in Moab, and on a Monday night, I think we won't have any issue finding a site or two close together. Two vehicles is the max per site. If we everyone wants to camp that night I will attempt to reserve one of the larger group sites. Currently i can't because the government is shut down

https://www.recreation.gov/camping/s...&parkId=154040
    Works for me.
    Paul (FSHJNKY)