Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ratchets Offroad Conversation Thread

Hey Kris,

Keith told me about how excited he was to get started on this LS swap. Looking forward to checking it out and hearing how you like it.
    Paul (FSHJNKY)

Stopped by Ratchets today to have my diff locker actuator looked at. Keith got it diagnosed and got me on the schedule to have it fixed.
    Mike

2009 Taco access cab. Mods: Airaid intake, Magnaflow exhaust, diif breather extended, Budbuilt skid plates, SOS Concept Sliders, SOS Rear Bumper, SOS Front Plate Bumper, OME 3" lift.
    2009 Yamaha FZ6R with Two Brothers exhaust and Juice Box.

He is like a wizard. HAHA. What was the issue?
    Paul (FSHJNKY)

Quote Originally Posted by FSHJNKY View Post
    He is like a wizard. HAHA. What was the issue?
    Actuator motor is corroded and bound up, plus seized in the third member. Keith inspected it, third member does not look to be damaged. The third member needs to be taken off so the bad motor assembly can be pushed off from the back.
    Mike

2009 Taco access cab. Mods: Airaid intake, Magnaflow exhaust, diif breather extended, Budbuilt skid plates, SOS Concept Sliders, SOS Rear Bumper, SOS Front Plate Bumper, OME 3" lift.

Quote Originally Posted by MT_686 View Post
    Actuator motor is corroded and bound up, plus seized in the third member. Keith inspected it, third member does not look to be damaged. The third member needs to be taken off so the bad motor assembly can be pushed off from the back.
    When is it being repaired?
    Paul (FSHJNKY)

Quote Originally Posted by FSHJNKY View Post
    When is it being repaired?
    Unfortunately, he is booked out till next month. So I'm on the calendar for mid November.
    Mike

I just dropped off my Jeep yesterday to get a couple things done. Ratchets is a fantastic shop, and they are great people to talk to and bounce ideas off of. Will all the questions I had for Keith, he did not once try to upsell me on anything. If you’re looking to have work done, or just a place to purchase parts from I highly recommend making a phone call, or taking a ride over there to check out their store front.
    2014 JKUR
    White/Auto/4:10's
    Teraflex 2.5" spacer lift~Poison Spyder HD transmission crossmember~RockHard 4x4 engine, transfer case and fuel tank aluminum skids~
    PureJeep electronic swaybar disconnect steel skid~Dominion Offroad evap relocation~IPF headlight upgrade~Cobra 75wxst

While waiting for the Jeep to be done at Ratchets today, Sean (ECGREEN) showed up to collect his prize and buy a new winch line. Nice to see you again Sean, thanks Ratchets and congrats on the win.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CC75BB61-77F3-4727-9E81-6C3F3FD6F5DD.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	117.7 KB 
ID:	30502  
    Paul (FSHJNKY)

Default Good customer service!

So I ordered a winch cable from these guys. Their supplier messed up somehow and it ended up being late and they sent it to the store and not to me. To remedy this one of the guys actually delivered it to my house personally. I thought that was pretty cool.

Sean
    "I hope you get hit by a goose, right in the sway bar!"
    -anon

2015 Tacoma Access 4-banger (aka 'Scratchy') -> 255/85r16 ST Maxx, FJC wheels, 3" OME 887s/full dakar pack, CBI sliders and full skids, Pelfreybilt Hybrid bumper, ****tybilt 9.5 XRC winch, sway bar go by bye, ARB on-board air, many many zip-tie

1989 Ford Bronco II (yet to be named) -> Stock except for blown head gasket mod

Quote Originally Posted by ecgreen View Post
    So I ordered a winch cable from these guys. Their supplier messed up somehow and it ended up being late and they sent it to the store and not to me. To remedy this one of the guys actually delivered it to my house personally. I thought that was pretty cool.

Sean
    Just further proof that Ratchets is a great place to do business. Thanks for sharing Sean.
    Paul (FSHJNKY)

Quote Originally Posted by ecgreen View Post

Sean
    Sean your welcome it was the right thing for us to do. I live in the area so not a big deal for me to drop It off.

Ratchets added some color to the undercarriage by way of OX lockers and RCV. Plus a few other things upgraded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '07 JK , 5..3 LS ,6L90E trans , RPM Extreme LS Kit, Ace Pro front & rear, Ace Sliders, 2.5" Rock Krawler, 35" KM2s
    Ham N1JLX

Was glad to find a spot on the forum to say how happy i have been with Rachette Offroad, they just installed a Metalcloak Skid for me, and a while back fixed my leaking front axle seal on a Friday before a weekend run! Kieth and John are awesome guys to talk with, and seem to love what they do!

Highly recommend this place for folks looking to get work done.

-Mark
    2016 Rubicon, RK 2.5" Lift, RK steering stabilizer, Metalcloak Skids, FOX 2 Shocks, 35" DuraTrac, Bushwacker Fenders, Spider Diff covers, TeraFlex HD Trackbars, Cobra 75 CB, RI LED HD, Firestick2, Superwinch, GMRS "WRBS559"