Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

View Poll Results: Overlanding, Off-roading, Both or Other

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Overlanding

9 17.31%
  • Off-Roading

16 30.77%
  • Both

27 51.92%
  • Some other reason all together

0 0%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Overlanding or Offroading or Both or Other

They say it's all about the journey not the destination but with overlanding/offroading it really is the best of both. So yeah, count me in for both.
    Call sign KD2NDW

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dgagne View Post
    I have been thinking about this since the question first came up. I think I am more in the overlanding side of things. For me it is more about thevery exploration. I would rather take the easier line over an obstacle than the harder one so I can keep heading towards my destination.
    Same here. I went from a triple locked and armored 80 series on 35's to a mildly built GX470 after realizing that I really don't push my trucks all that hard.

I am eager for some overlanding treks with ExploringNH, so hopefully some get added to the calendar! In the meantime, I have been practicing with my Boy Scout troop at local campgrounds, testing all of my gear. It would be great to get WAY off the grid for a few days in the White Mountains or even further north into Maine. I can be packed and ready on six hours notice . . .

Last edited by MattJ; 08-08-2017 at 03:08 PM.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MattJ View Post
    I am eager for some overlanding treks with ExploringNH, so hopefully some get added to the calendar! In the meantime, I have been practicing with my Boy Scout troop at local campgrounds, testing all of my gear. It would be great to get WAY off the grid for a few days in the White Mountains or even further north into Maine. I can be packed and ready on six hours notice . . .

I'd love to spend some time in Maine, but it seems that the vast majority is private land (discussion here) so traveling like you can in NH/VT may prove difficult. Joining a local 4x4 club seems to be the best way to get access/information (and permission to travel on private land).

I wonder if this club could set up relationships with clubs in ME and VT... If we could find a good responsible club (we could check their policies like tread lightly) in those states, we could do some information sharing. We could even collaborate to create longer routes that span multiple states. (Moderators: If this is too far off topic, feel free to delete or move)
    1996 Landcruiser, 1HD-T Diesel, Gturbo Grunter, Dawes Boost Controller - 23psi, front/rear ARB lockers, ARB rear bumper, 2" OME lift, Wholesale automatics A442f Extreme, 35" Duratracs
    1989 Jeep Grand Wagoneer - 2" Alcan springs, 10" travel Gabriel shocks, 30" Yokohama AT/S
    2006 Evo 9 - 437hp/447ft-lb
    2000 Civic - B18C swap (Acura Integra GSR engine, transmission, ECU, Axles, shift linkage)

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpskie View Post
    I wonder if this club could set up relationships with clubs in ME and VT... If we could find a good responsible club (we could check their policies like tread lightly) in those states, we could do some information sharing. We could even collaborate to create longer routes that span multiple states. (Moderators: If this is too far off topic, feel free to delete or move)
    An integrated mapping network would be brilliant - I haven't found anything like MappingNH for VT or ME yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MattJ View Post

What is this last picture of? I don't recognize it.
    -You should spend 10 minutes in a hammock everyday , unless you are busy, then you should spend an hour.

2006 Jeep Wrangler X (TJ) - Stock.... except the 31" tires... just stock...
    ...oh no, wait, I bought a new top for it and also put up a sticky led light on the interior roof as a dome light and i put my first sticker on the body.

They are Beartooth communication devices that pair with any smartphone and provide a secure group network in areas with no cellular coverage. I have four of them, so I just need to find 3 more people and 1,000 acres with no cellular coverage. Until then, they will just sit in the box.

https://www.beartooth.com/