Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BlueXterror

Sounds like a plan to me....I guess let's stay in touch and firm up some plans once the trails open up....and shoot me a message when you are ready to order a bumper and see if I have the cash and Maybe we can get a discount if we get 2....although I am leaning towards a tube bumper or hybrid type from p&p engineering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An idea came to me the other night and i think im going to act on it, i want to bed line the xterra at this point it has some trail scars and there starting to surface rust a bit i think im going to go with either linex or raptor liner and do a color change as well im thinking gun metal gray, Tan or olive green

Quote Originally Posted by BlueXterror View Post
    An idea came to me the other night and i think im going to act on it, i want to bed line the xterra at this point it has some trail scars and there starting to surface rust a bit i think im going to go with either linex or raptor liner and do a color change as well im thinking gun metal gray, Tan or olive green
    The whole thing? That would add significant weight wouldn't it? (I honestly don't know, curious)

Also I would be down for the aforementioned Xterra meetup!

Quote Originally Posted by Bampalo View Post
    The whole thing? That would add significant weight wouldn't it? (I honestly don't know, curious)

Also I would be down for the aforementioned Xterra meetup!
    yeah i was looking at doing the whole thing i have seen a few vehicles done in bed line and i realize it not for everyone but i kind of like it

What year is your X? It would probably diminish it's resale value, but I feel like that isn't an issue for you.

Quote Originally Posted by NOAHVT View Post
    What year is your X? It would probably diminish it's resale value, but I feel like that isn't an issue for you.
    its an 09 and i already owe more than its worth so im not too worried about resale ill own it for a while at least and i was thinking to the right person it may make it worth a bit more i dont know im not really thinking to much about that

Nice looking x. Love that front bumper.
    Kevin
    2009 Rubicon, 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers, 2.5" Teraflex lift, Synergy lower control arms, Teraflex front and rear diff covers, AEM cold air intake , dynomax exhaust, bushwacker painted pocket style fender flares, warn front bumper, warn 9.5ti winch, Havoc rear bumper, ARB driving lights

Nice to see some xterra talk...
    Here's a pic of my 09...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Tony

2009 xterra, 33" cooper st maxx,3" lift, radflo 2.5 coil overs/ nisstec uca's,ome leafs,prg shackles, front/rear sway bars removed,shrockworks rear bumper,skids and diff cver,white knuckle sliders , various engine stuff.

Default BlueXterror

Depending on how much you want to spend you should look into kevlar paint. Its like bed liner but stronger and looks better. Its the paint Starwood uses on their jeeps. Expensive but it looks really good if you ask me. You can get different colors too. Theres a company camoliner that specializes in it, you could probably buy it from them. Here a link if you want to look into it

http://www.camoliner.com/products-se...rtified-liner/

Last edited by DanteF; 04-27-2016 at 10:55 PM.
    98 Sahara - Golen 4.6 Stroker-35x12.5 BFG KM2-15x10.5 TR Beadlocks-4" Rough Country Lift w/ Control Arms-1.5" Coil Spacer-Ford 8.8 Rear Axle w/ ARB Locker-Tom Woods SYE-4.10 Gears-Smittybilt Rear Bumper-Smittybilt Front Bumper-Smittybilt XRC Fenders-Oil Pan/Radiator/Fuel Tank Skid Plates-Warn 8000-KC HiLites-LED Light Bar-Old Man Emu Stabilizer-Bedlined Interior-Rosco Camera System-Uniden CB-Banks Headers-Magnaflow Exhaust-Banks Air Intake-Viair OBA-Power Inverter

Quote Originally Posted by DanteF View Post
    Depending on how much you want to spend you should look into kevlar paint. Its like bed liner but stronger and looks better. Its the paint Starwood uses on their jeeps. Expensive but it looks really good if you ask me. You can get different colors too. Theres a company camoliner that specializes in it, you could probably buy it from them. Here a link if you want to look into it

http://www.camoliner.com/products-se...rtified-liner/

Thank you Ill look into it

Figured I'd post some pictures of adventures this summer with the old Xterror. I did not get any of the work done on it I had hoped to do, might get a lift in it soon and some rocker guards
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13962603_10210151749934015_8946202673264878906_n.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	135.3 KB 
ID:	27630   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0142.jpg 
Size:	159.3 KB 
ID:	27631   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0139.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	142.3 KB 
ID:	27632   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0161.jpg 
Size:	188.6 KB 
ID:	27633  

Quote Originally Posted by xterrable View Post
    Glad to see another Xterra out there....I gotta ask where you got the bumper from....I've been looking into getting one but I really don't have $1000 to spend and I can't find anyone to fab up a tube bumper either. I have a 13 Xterra and am waiting on ups to deliver my lift kits. I got a 2 inch body lift and new ucas bilstein adjustable shocks 2 inch spacers and 2 inch shackles for the back and I'm hopin with all that I'll be able to stuff my 315 75 16 Toyos under it. Plus I got a 40inch light bar and custom roof brackets for it as well. I might have to get some Fiberglas fenders to get the rubber on there but we will see. We should get together for a run once the trails open and show these jeep guys what the Xterra can do lol

Quote Originally Posted by BlueXterror View Post
    I have a stock bumper, but the one in that photo appears to be an ARB xterra bumper. I plan on getting one from SchrockWorks, we should get together for a summer ride it will be interesting to see how the X's hold up
    The bumper from the picture is either a Shrockworks or HeftyFabworks (likely Shrock). You can tell because of the shape of the headlamp protector tubing and (more importantly) the shackle mounts on the face of the bumper.
    ARB uses stock recovery points as the frame tie-in steel is designed with the accordion shape for crash crumple-zone. As such, it cannot handle a quick jerk from a recovery strap, but a winch recovery is fine for it. (a snatch has much more momentary force than a winch pull)

If you're not already familiar with them http://www.thenewx.org/ has a wealth of info specific to xterra... want to SAS? V-8? create an 'unkillable' overlander? more than likely someone has already done it... (I've seen both the SAS'd & v-8 frontiers and its a shared platform... V-8 supercharged in a midsized platform... I'll let you drool on that thought for a while)
    -TYLER - - Illegitimi non carborundum - -
    '14 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4 V6 Auto
    -3" lift with Nisstec MK84 coilovers & OME leafs, HeftyFab skids & Whiteknuckle sliders, WARN Winch & bumper, 32" Duratracs

hey! some xterra guys!! i have a black 2012, about to put the first mod on mine soon!

Quote Originally Posted by ry_stock View Post
    hey! some xterra guys!! i have a black 2012, about to put the first mod on mine soon!
    Awesome! I'm hoping to get some parts for mine this tax season but I guess we'll see! I have been preoccupied with building my cummins