Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 7/26/2014 Wakefield Run

Default 7/26/2014 Wakefield Run

Surprised I'm the first to post up, but here is a place to put up pics from the run.
    Last edited by Ivoryring; 07-30-2014 at 08:46 PM. Reason: remove video
    -- Tundra (yes, really my name, not my truck!) - KC1DQY

2013 Wrangler Unlimited Sport - not stock any more - Schoolbus Yellow (er, 'Dozer')
    1952 M38A1 'Old Swampy' - pending reassembly into mostly stock form

Looks like a decent area to run. Nice video and an outstanding day of weather.
    Gone now :( -2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2" BB, 4.88's, TT F&R, 33x10.5 km2's, xrc8 winch, uniden pro xl520 cb, 4' wilson
    Gone now too :( -2008 Rubicon, uniden pro xl520 cb, 5' wilson Silver Load, JCR engine skid, JCR evap skid
    Present-2012 JK Sahara-KO2's plus neat stock stuff

Buy a Gazetteer

Milton Mills, New Hampshire, United States

I had a great time today on this run! Now if I could just post photos to the forum from my phone...to bad tapatalk still doesn't work lol
    16 Jeep Wrangler
    2.5" Lift, bumper, winch, tires...etc...it gets the job done

12 Volkswagen Golf R
    APR Stage 1+ tune, 3" DP, CTS intake, lowered a bit

Some photos from the run:

NOTE - this dropbox link has been shutting down occasionally due to excessive bandwidth consumption. I will remove the video, which will likely solve the problem. If the link is failing, try it again in a couple days and it should be working.)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hhgtvmaj1...40726_trailRun

If anyone has any privacy concerns about the photos, please PM me, no problem.

Thanks for a great day - and to those who helped tug me away from the trees at the top of the hill.
    Last edited by mostlystock; 08-01-2014 at 05:32 PM.
    Jeepless :(

Steering seems to be not quite right after yesterday's run. Seems to take a little more force to turn, and the wheel doesn't return to zero on its own the way it used to; I need to steer it back to center. Power steering out? Fluid level looks good. I'll eventually crawl under the rig to have a look, but in the meantime, any suggestions as to where I should start?

After getting stuck against the tree on yesterday's hill climb, thinking I need to change the username to mostlystuck. Thanks again Bill, Mike & all for the tug.
    Last edited by mostlystock; 07-27-2014 at 05:55 PM.

See if your steering stabilizer got dented or is twisted. Make sure you don't have something stuck in the wheel somewhere.
    Paul (FSHJNKY)

How is your tire pressure?
    Gone now :( -2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2" BB, 4.88's, TT F&R, 33x10.5 km2's, xrc8 winch, uniden pro xl520 cb, 4' wilson
    Gone now too :( -2008 Rubicon, uniden pro xl520 cb, 5' wilson Silver Load, JCR engine skid, JCR evap skid
    Present-2012 JK Sahara-KO2's plus neat stock stuff

Buy a Gazetteer

Not really sure what that could be. Could be a bent track bar or your toe maybe got out of wack when mike pulled you sideways. Awesome pics btw. Some of the best quality ones Ive seen.

Quote Originally Posted by mostlystock View Post
    Steering seems to be not quite right after yesterday's run. Seems to take a little more force to turn, and the wheel doesn't return to zero on its own the way it used to; I need to steer it back to center. Power steering out? Fluid level looks good. I'll eventually crawl under the rig to have a look, but in the meantime, any suggestions as to where I should start?

After getting stuck against the tree on yesterday's hill climb, thinking I need to change the username to mostlystuck. Thanks again Bill, Mike & all for the tug.

Quote Originally Posted by bob View Post
    How is your tire pressure?
    I pumped all four up to 35 at the end of the run, a little shy of the (37 or so?) called for by the spec. I've had pressures this low before and they've felt normal; this definitely feels like something other than a few pounds low. Thank you for the suggestion.

Mostlystock, thanks for posting up all the pictures and the video. What caused you to get stuck on that climb? It wasn't immediately clear to me while watching.

Tundra, good video earlier. I watched it before work. Thanks for putting it together.
    10 JKU Sahara. 2" BB, 33" Duratracs, Pure Jeep stubby, Superwinch TS9500, AEV snorkel, Smittybilt src rails, full JCRoffroad skid set, Rugged Ridge LCA and Rough Country f/r diff skids, Cobra 75 CB, JKS quick disconnects.

Thanks for all the great photos!!

So sorry to hear about your steering. Hopefully just something out of adjustment.

Let me know if you need an extra set of hands if anything needs to be replaced. After the Anniversary run one of my drag link ends was rattling pretty good. I ended up upgrading to the Synergy drag link and the problem seems to have got away. Took about an hour to replace it in the driveway.

Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by mostlystock View Post

I took the Jeep to the wash and then did some touchup on the underside where I scraped a few times. Now I've got to figure out how to get swamp beard out of my frame...
    -- Tundra (yes, really my name, not my truck!) - KC1DQY

2013 Wrangler Unlimited Sport - not stock any more - Schoolbus Yellow (er, 'Dozer')
    1952 M38A1 'Old Swampy' - pending reassembly into mostly stock form

I just took it for a spin in the deluge of rain we just had. Problem solved!

Quote Originally Posted by Ivoryring View Post
    I took the Jeep to the wash and then did some touchup on the underside where I scraped a few times. Now I've got to figure out how to get swamp beard out of my frame...

Quote Originally Posted by clevergreen View Post
    I just took it for a spin in the deluge of rain we just had. Problem solved!
    haha...I did the same thing. Nothing like a huge rainstorm after getting your rig muddy.

Quote Originally Posted by 10JKUsah View Post
    What caused you to get stuck on that climb? It wasn't immediately clear to me while watching.
    As I approached the trees I think I didn't turn driver's side enough to get the driver's front wheel onto a big rock there. Caught it a little too far to the right and slid off it to the right, which put me towards two trees. I was far enough right that I couldn't back up because one of the two trees was almost up against the rear bumper. Couldn't power forward because my front right quarter panel (can't see it in the vid) was already touching the second tree and I didn't want to risk body damage. That was a fun climb!