Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 12/20/13 - Night/Snow wheeling

Default 12/20/13 - Night/Snow wheeling

Here are the pics that I took.

Paul (FSHJNKY)

Looks like a lot of fun.

13 JKR

Glad the wife and I were able to meet up with you guys for some late night wings, I haven't laughed that hard in a while.
    Jeff
    The wifes 2008 Jeep Wrangler JKU
    2007 FJ Cruiser 6 Spd AWD 6" RCX lift- Sold will be greatly missed

Looks like fun. Nothing like making fresh tracks in the snow.

Sent from my HTC Incredible 4G using Tapatalk
    Mike

2009 Taco access cab. Mods: Airaid intake, Magnaflow exhaust, diif breather extended, Budbuilt skid plates, SOS Concept Sliders, SOS Rear Bumper, SOS Front Plate Bumper, OME 3" lift.
    2009 Yamaha FZ6R with Two Brothers exhaust and Juice Box.

Rubicon is offline Ex-Coordinator & Ex-Mod Certified Trail Leader
    MappingNH Trail Scout

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by FSHJNKY View Post
    Here are the pics that I took.

Like the picture of Taylor "posing" in his designer jeans, haha.
    And that last picture was for Joe, who unfortunately couldn't make it, but will no doubt will regret that decision now :p

Quote Originally Posted by SevenXL View Post
    Looks like a lot of fun.
    It was loads of fun!

Quote Originally Posted by RICHA311 View Post
    .....I haven't laughed that hard in a while.
    Par for the course hanging around us ;)

Quote Originally Posted by MT_686 View Post
    Looks like fun. Nothing like making fresh tracks in the snow. Sent from my HTC Incredible 4G using Tapatalk
    Most of the roads we were on were indeed fresh tracks, but there were some snowshoe tracks and lots of animal tracks :)
    Last edited by Rubicon; 12-21-2013 at 11:07 AM.
    Traction, articulation, and gearing make a good off-road rig. Just a big lift, wide mud tires, and a winch simply do not ;)

[QUOTE=Rubicon;326213]
    And that last picture was for Joe, who unfortunately couldn't make it, but will no doubt will regret that decision now :p
    /QUOTE]

They do look beautiful. I wish I could have joined you guys!
    1992 RRC Alpine White "Grover" - Gone
    1988 Defender 90 Black "Ralph"- Gone
    2006 LR3 Tonga Green "Greenie"- Gone
    1988 RRC Portofino Red "Randy"
    1992 RRC Eastnor Green "Rocket"
    2000 DII Oxford Pearl Blue Metallic "Rompy"

Snow wheeling was awesome! Thanks Shawn for leading and to Paul for plowing all the snow off to the sides of the trail for the rest of us. ;) Thanks Dave for pulling me out, I can't believe I got stuck there. First time ever having to get a pull and it wasn't even anything exciting, just a couple little ruts. Can't wait to get out again.

Great time. Thanks Paul, Shawn, Dave and Taylor. I too received a little help up an area, thanks Dave. The weather held out pretty well for us, temps in mid to upper 30's made the light fluffy snow pack down and made it necessary to "find" traction in a few areas. Whole different experience night + snow, totally different approach than an October trail ride. Sorry I couldn't hang out at BWW after.

Paul, good luck, follow Doctors orders, and recovery will come.

Looks like you guys don't have a whole ton of snow out that way.
    Big Jeep - 1998 ZJ Grand Cherokee 5.2 V8, NP242 ESY transfer case swap, Dana 44A rear axle protected by Mountain Vista Fabrication skid plate, Spartan front locker, reinforced uni-body rails, custom boxed steel rock sliders doubling as air tanks, 5.5" Long Arm lift, 1" DOM crossover steering with Heim joints, 33x10.5R15 BFG Mud Terrain tires, 12000lb Badlands winch.
    Little Jeep - 1997 ZJ Grand Cherokee, 4.0 I6. Completely stock.
    Kermit - 1970 Jeep J-2500 pickup

Glad we all had fun. No damage or breaks and everybody made it home ok. Not getting to sleep until 3 am was rough on me this morning. I won't be doing that again anytime soon. Thanks for the warm wishes and thanks for getting out with me for a few hours for my last run for a while.

I am amazed every time I wheel with people or get on this forum and see the generosity and the willingness to help each other out. Up until I started wheeling I had about given up on society and assumed that humanity had gone to crap. Watching people on the trails and seeing how many people volunteer to help each other has seriously restored my faith in people; even if it is only the wheeling people. Glad to be part of such a great group of people.
    Paul (FSHJNKY)

Wish there was a like button that statment was right on the money . Well said paul

Well said Paul, hope your back on the trails soon
    1992 RRC Alpine White "Grover" - Gone
    1988 Defender 90 Black "Ralph"- Gone
    2006 LR3 Tonga Green "Greenie"- Gone
    1988 RRC Portofino Red "Randy"
    1992 RRC Eastnor Green "Rocket"
    2000 DII Oxford Pearl Blue Metallic "Rompy"

Quote Originally Posted by FSHJNKY View Post
    Glad we all had fun. No damage or breaks and everybody made it home ok. Not getting to sleep until 3 am was rough on me this morning. I won't be doing that again anytime soon. Thanks for the warm wishes and thanks for getting out with me for a few hours for my last run for a while.

I am amazed every time I wheel with people or get on this forum and see the generosity and the willingness to help each other out. Up until I started wheeling I had about given up on society and assumed that humanity had gone to crap. Watching people on the trails and seeing how many people volunteer to help each other has seriously restored my faith in people; even if it is only the wheeling people. Glad to be part of such a great group of people.
    I felt the same way Paul. I really didn't know there were still people like that out there until I joined enh. It is an awesome group of people. Just makes me wonder if these people are like that all the time or only when with the group

Great pics, looks like it was a fun time!
    -Nick
    14 KL Trailhawk
    18 JLUR

Newfoundland Trip Report

Quote Originally Posted by liftedzj9403 View Post
    I felt the same way Paul. I really didn't know there were still people like that out there until I joined enh. It is an awesome group of people. Just makes me wonder if these people are like that all the time or only when with the group
    Can't speak for others but I always offer to lend a hand whenever I reasonably can, regardless of who it is. Of course it helps to be surrounded by other people with the same goals/interests, and generosity can be contagious.
    Big Jeep - 1998 ZJ Grand Cherokee 5.2 V8, NP242 ESY transfer case swap, Dana 44A rear axle protected by Mountain Vista Fabrication skid plate, Spartan front locker, reinforced uni-body rails, custom boxed steel rock sliders doubling as air tanks, 5.5" Long Arm lift, 1" DOM crossover steering with Heim joints, 33x10.5R15 BFG Mud Terrain tires, 12000lb Badlands winch.
    Little Jeep - 1997 ZJ Grand Cherokee, 4.0 I6. Completely stock.
    Kermit - 1970 Jeep J-2500 pickup