Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Barrington/Strafford area run, Friday July 5th Pics

Milton Mills, New Hampshire, United States

Default Barrington/Strafford area run, Friday July 5th Pics

Thanks for organizing the run! I had fun once we got past that bridge :p

Cant wait to see some pics!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
    16 Jeep Wrangler
    2.5" Lift, bumper, winch, tires...etc...it gets the job done

12 Volkswagen Golf R
    APR Stage 1+ tune, 3" DP, CTS intake, lowered a bit

Thanks X2. Family had fun, sorry to cut out early but other commitments. Lets plan a bridge reconstruction date for the future. Good job by all, glad to finally meet some of you, Looking forward to more.

Im more then willing to come out and help with fixing up that bridge too! We should organize a bridge repair crew

16 Jeep Wrangler

12 Volkswagen Golf R

Yeah that bridge needs only minor work. Had to leave a bit early, but scouted another section of trail and helped some list ENH'ers find their way.
    91ish Ranger 351W Narrowed HP D44 SAS 14 Bolt C&C rear 39s 4.88s Locked F+R
    67 Kaiser/Jeep M715 38s 5.89 gears Running Project

Yeah we just need to find someone to donate some lumber :p

16 Jeep Wrangler

12 Volkswagen Golf R

Great run! Bummed I didn't get to hit tumbledown with you guys but she had been complaining to me for at least an hour that she wanted to go so I finally had to ditch. The trail with the bridge is not too far from me so as long as I'm at my place in wolfeboro I would be available to help as part of a wheeling/cleanup/rebuild day. Thanks to Jeff for leading the run I can imagine it was pretty tough but you did a great job even though we got off to a shaky start. Overall I had a nice day, don't know if I can say the same for Jacqui.. But at least she tried it
    SOLD - 1990 Jeep YJ, 4.2L Fuel-Injected 6-Cylinder, 4" Lift, 35" Old Style Goodyear MTR's, Front and Rear Lockers, 4.10 Gear Ratio, Superwinch 9500lb Winch
    SOLD - 2012 Ram 1500, 10.5" of lift, 40" Yokohama Geolandar MT's, Magnaflow Muffler, QTP E-Cutout, Superchips Tuner, so much more!
    Wheeling Rig - 2004 Jeep TJ Rubicon 4.0 5 Speed, 4" Long Arm, 1" BL and MML, Tummy Tuck, Full Skid Plating, Superwinch EPi 9.0, Full Roll Cage, 35" Goodyear MTR's, lots more..
    Tow Rig - 2014 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins

Turns out the clunk was my rr axle shaft, one spare left so I'm good! As for the front end, the rf hub was not locked... DOH
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0251.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	107.9 KB 
ID:	15081  

Rubicon is offline Ex-Coordinator & Ex-Mod Certified Trail Leader
    MappingNH Trail Scout

Quote Originally Posted by rwalk View Post
    Great run! Bummed I didn't get to hit tumbledown with you guys but she had been complaining to me for at least an hour that she wanted to go so I finally had to ditch her.
    ^ Fixed it for you ;)
    Traction, articulation, and gearing make a good off-road rig. Just a big lift, wide mud tires, and a winch simply do not ;)

Thanks for putting it on . The middle of the run was good. But lots of people need to read the rules .
    Last edited by Mr Bigshot; 07-07-2013 at 07:22 PM.
    Big Jeep - 1998 ZJ Grand Cherokee 5.2 V8, NP242 ESY transfer case swap, Dana 44A rear axle protected by Mountain Vista Fabrication skid plate, Spartan front locker, reinforced uni-body rails, custom boxed steel rock sliders doubling as air tanks, 5.5" Long Arm lift, 1" DOM crossover steering with Heim joints, 33x10.5R15 BFG Mud Terrain tires, 12000lb Badlands winch.
    Little Jeep - 1997 ZJ Grand Cherokee, 4.0 I6. Completely stock.
    Kermit - 1970 Jeep J-2500 pickup

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bigshot View Post
    I should not have gone... thanks for putting it on . The middle of the run was good. But lots of people need to read the rules . Furthermore I'm sitting I'm Barnstead right now with a bent rear axle housing . When I say to spot me and watch my rear axle because it's aluminum then hit iton 6 rocks... get half way home and hear nasty grinding noises.... I'm just not happy at all right now. Not to mention I'm still up off that 2 hours of sleep last night and have to swap a new axle into the jeep before 3pm tomorrow so I can get to work
    Sorry you broke on the way home. Spotting is tough and the reason I try not to spot, but no matter what I take responsibility for my rig.

Some things from today need to be reviewed for sure. I think a mandatory 101 is in order or something.

Jeff thanks for putting this together. The first part was rough but after that it smoothed out and turned out to be a great day. Thank you. Great to see everybody as always and I'm looking forward to the next run.
    Paul (FSHJNKY)

I was thinking a mandatory 101 too as well as FORCING everyone to read the rules at sign up or next login. Liability waivers / rules that all participants must sign at every run? Paul I saw you drive by. I was at Blueberry Station in Barnstead. Wouldve called but I don't have your number in my new phone. I'm on my way home now . Good thing dad has a car trailer ...
    Big Jeep - 1998 ZJ Grand Cherokee 5.2 V8, NP242 ESY transfer case swap, Dana 44A rear axle protected by Mountain Vista Fabrication skid plate, Spartan front locker, reinforced uni-body rails, custom boxed steel rock sliders doubling as air tanks, 5.5" Long Arm lift, 1" DOM crossover steering with Heim joints, 33x10.5R15 BFG Mud Terrain tires, 12000lb Badlands winch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bigshot View Post
    I was thinking a mandatory 101 too as well as FORCING everyone to read the rules at sign up or next login. Liability waivers / rules that all participants must sign at every run? Paul I saw you drive by. I was at Blueberry Station in Barnstead. Wouldve called but I don't have your number in my new phone. I'm on my way home now . Good thing dad has a car trailer ...
    Sorry man. I don't even know where that is lol. Glad your on the way home.
    Paul (FSHJNKY)

Mr.bigshot,
    What specific occurrances are you speaking of where rules were broken?
    Everyone seemed pretty tame to me.

Today was an experience that's for sure... Started off with me going the wrong way and having to turn around 15 vehicles, bypassing the 1st road, and then the BRIDGE. Glad that it was decided that everyone not attempt crossing it and glad those who turned around did. I was uneasy about the thought of everyone crossing it.
    Sorry we lost a few people after that, I dont blame you for bailing at that point it was a rocky start.

As the trail leader I take responsibilty and apologize for the few vehicles that used the bypass around the bridge that was not part of the trail.
    Ive learned some valuable lessons since being a part of this group, and more were learned today. Unfortunately I cant change the way the day played out but I can be sure some things dont happen again.

I agree everyone needs to know and understand the rules in order to participate in the runs.

As far as liabilty waivers that's probably going a little far IMO. After all out on the trails in the woods or even driving in general you yourself are ultimately liable for your own person and vehicle.

Mr. Bigshot (Matt) I'm sorry you got some damage and I apologize if the spotting wasnt perfect but we all do the best we can and cant always see everything at once. You do have to give credit to all the guys taking the time to stack heavy rocks under the tires of lower vehicles to make the approach angles and clearences better. At the end of the day its still offroading and **** happens. Take it from someone who knows all about breaking stuff.

All in all the day didnt turn out to bad and we got some good wheeling in. I still cant get over what a great group of people are part of this group and really enjoy meeting you all.

Paul as always it was a pleasure and your a huge help and a great guy. You definitely make the runs enjoyable and are funny as hell.

hrslogff thanks for the help in the beginning and in helping me get my bearing it was a huge help and I'm glad you were familiar with that road. It was good to meet you and the fam.

Darkside1k (brad) thanks for helping with the navigation when mine was acting up lol

Ill be sticking to my smaller runs for a while 15 rigs was a little to ambitious Ill leave that to the pros (Rubicon-Shawn) lol
    Oh and Shawn maybe you should lead a spotting 101 class because I think some of us could benefit me included.

Here are some pics
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130705_091058.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	368.7 KB 
ID:	15085Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130705_110724.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	202.2 KB 
ID:	15086Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130705_143401.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	159.9 KB 
ID:	15087Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130705_143417.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	101.6 KB 
ID:	15088Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130705_143527.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	148.3 KB 
ID:	15089
    Jeff
    The wifes 2008 Jeep Wrangler JKU
    2007 FJ Cruiser 6 Spd AWD 6" RCX lift- Sold will be greatly missed

Quote Originally Posted by RICHA311 View Post
    Mr. Bigshot (Matt) I'm sorry you got some damage and I apologize if the spotting wasnt perfect but we all do the best we can and cant always see everything at once. You do have to give credit to all the guys taking the time to stack heavy rocks under the tires of lower vehicles to make the approach angles and clearences better. At the end of the day its still offroading and **** happens. Take it from someone who knows all about breaking stuff.
    Oh yeah I know all about breaking stuff. Just wouldn't think my first run out in my new jeep that I'm trying to not end up like my last one, I'd do this much damage. I'm not 100% sure the axle is bent but that's what it's looking like. It drags tires when I turn and I measured the distance between the outer tread lugs at the front and back of the rear tires, and it seems like the front of the driver's side rear tire is toed about 2" out. I'll make a better diagnosis in the daylight tomorrow but I'm guessing the axle bent putting extra pressure on the shafts & gears and caused damage to the gears. Sorry about coming off kind of harsh about the spotting. Thanks for the help with rocks, etc. Because otherwise a lot more damage would've happened or would've happened sooner. It's my fault too for being so exhausted and getting frustrated and just wanting to get out of there.