Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Page 58 of 59 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859 LastLast

Thread: Haven't got a name for it yet

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    Ouch! Stop doing that.
    Now you tell me.
    -- Tundra (yes, really my name, not my truck!) - KC1DQY

2013 Wrangler Unlimited Sport - not stock any more - Schoolbus Yellow (er, 'Dozer')
    1952 M38A1 'Old Swampy' - pending reassembly into mostly stock form

I'm starting to wonder if it's possible to trust that anyone will finish a job right. 3/4 of the front differential cover bolts were loose, and more than half the fuild is gone. And stained all over the bottom 1/3 of the diff housing.

Well, another chance to fill up the diff in the dark.

2013 Wrangler Unlimited Sport - not stock any more - Schoolbus Yellow (er, 'Dozer')

Quote Originally Posted by Ivoryring View Post
    I'm starting to wonder if it's possible to trust that anyone will finish a job right. 3/4 of the front differential cover bolts were loose, and more than half the fuild is gone. And stained all over the bottom 1/3 of the diff housing.

Well, another chance to fill up the diff in the dark.
    Good lord, that sucks. Who did what for you that that happened? Just a basic diff maintenance?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Gone now :( -2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2" BB, 4.88's, TT F&R, 33x10.5 km2's, xrc8 winch, uniden pro xl520 cb, 4' wilson
    Gone now too :( -2008 Rubicon, uniden pro xl520 cb, 5' wilson Silver Load, JCR engine skid, JCR evap skid
    Present-2012 JK Sahara-KO2's plus neat stock stuff

Buy a Gazetteer

Quote Originally Posted by bob View Post
    Good lord, that sucks. Who did what for you that that happened? Just a basic diff maintenance?
    Can't prove anything because the day after I got it back from the bearing/axle seal work, I took it on a 1,000 mile road trip with hard wheeling.

Can't prove anything because the day after I got it back from the bearing/axle seal work, I took it on a 1,000 mile road trip with hard wheeling.
    Well thats even worse then. And if that is what they told you, it is utter crap. I've been a lot of miles, on and off road, and never had one bolt loosen on my diff covers. Sorry this happened Tundra. I have had generally great luck using Lambert's of late, my semi local dealership in Claremont. I also had a lot of luck with Rodney over the years in (now) Bridgewater Corners Vermont at Performance Unlimited.
    Really sorry this happened. :(

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Gone now :( -2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2" BB, 4.88's, TT F&R, 33x10.5 km2's, xrc8 winch, uniden pro xl520 cb, 4' wilson
    Gone now too :( -2008 Rubicon, uniden pro xl520 cb, 5' wilson Silver Load, JCR engine skid, JCR evap skid
    Present-2012 JK Sahara-KO2's plus neat stock stuff

Buy a Gazetteer

Rubicon is offline Ex-Coordinator & Ex-Mod Certified Trail Leader
    MappingNH Trail Scout

Unhappy

Sorry to read that.

That is why good mechanics should be appreciated more. I mean we are human, so we do mess up, but something like that could have been prevented with proper methods and thought out steps, though that takes extra care and time, which most shops don't take. Which is why I do things myself ;)

I hope no long term damage was done Tundra :\
    Traction, articulation, and gearing make a good off-road rig. Just a big lift, wide mud tires, and a winch simply do not ;)

Got the winch back from Hoak's. No charge for the repair, and they even replaced the rope which I really didn't expect as I figured that would be considered a wear item.

Now to do some cleanup of rust on the mounting plate and remount it.

Rubicon is offline Ex-Coordinator & Ex-Mod Certified Trail Leader
    MappingNH Trail Scout

Cool

New rope...awesome!!
    Traction, articulation, and gearing make a good off-road rig. Just a big lift, wide mud tires, and a winch simply do not ;)

Got the winch back from Hoak's. No charge for the repair, and they even replaced the rope which I really didn't expect as I figured that would be considered a wear item.

Now to do some cleanup of rust on the mounting plate and remount it.
    Woo Hoo! That's great news. Warn came through, even though it was a roundy 'bout way.
    Mary Anne: 1988 YJ, 258, Weber 32/36 DGEV, AX15/231, 4.11 HP-D30 & non c-clip D35 w/Truetrac, 33" KO2's, BDS 2" lift, a bunch of skid plates, Warn 9.5ti

Member: The Ancient and Honorable Society of the Leaf Spring

KC1EIJ
    WQZJ411

Quote Originally Posted by BlueberryHill View Post
    Woo Hoo! That's great news. Warn came through, even though it was a roundy 'bout way.
    Free rope = worth the wait
    "I hope you get hit by a goose, right in the sway bar!"
    -anon

2015 Tacoma Access 4-banger (aka 'Scratchy') -> 255/85r16 ST Maxx, FJC wheels, 3" OME 887s/full dakar pack, CBI sliders and full skids, Pelfreybilt Hybrid bumper, ****tybilt 9.5 XRC winch, sway bar go by bye, ARB on-board air, many many zip-ties
    KC1GPY

So what's the decision? Manufacturing defect or are Warn Zeon's junk? My M8000 is a million years old and if I hadn't burned out the motor on a stupid pull it would be problem free.
    --
    Agnes - 1995 Jeep Wrangler (YJ) - 4 cylinder 35" MTRs, SM465, RockTrac, 3.5" Black Diamond Suspension SUA, Ford 8.8, HPD30 w/vacuum disconnect w/4.88s, ARB lockers front and rear, front shackle reversal, rear revolvers, lotsa skids, Bullet Proof steer modified, Mastercraft seats with PRP 5 point harness
    Ruby - 2016 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock Rubicon - bone stock except for Rock Hard skids, diff armor

Quote Originally Posted by NotThePainter View Post
    So what's the decision? Manufacturing defect or are Warn Zeon's junk? My M8000 is a million years old and if I hadn't burned out the motor on a stupid pull it would be problem free.
    No determination in the paperwork - just that it was covered.

It feels like I've been here before...

The bolt connecting the steering stabilizer to the clamp on the tie rod ripped right out. Clamp is aluminum, bolt is steel...

No determination in the paperwork - just that it was covered.
    but what's your opinion? I was thinking Zeon for Ruby but man, now I'm not sure.
    --
    Agnes - 1995 Jeep Wrangler (YJ) - 4 cylinder 35" MTRs, SM465, RockTrac, 3.5" Black Diamond Suspension SUA, Ford 8.8, HPD30 w/vacuum disconnect w/4.88s, ARB lockers front and rear, front shackle reversal, rear revolvers, lotsa skids, Bullet Proof steer modified, Mastercraft seats with PRP 5 point harness
    Ruby - 2016 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock Rubicon - bone stock except for Rock Hard skids, diff armor

Just my opinion, but for Agnes you need to go with either Engo (cheap, practical) or sell a kidney and buy a Warn 8274