Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 11515758596061

Thread: Haven't got a name for it yet

Quote Originally Posted by Ivoryring View Post
    I'm undecided.... Try to swap out the spark plugs myself or drag it to dealer. If it didn't involve pulling the intake manifold I think I would just do it myself.
    I'll be honest, they don't look like fun, and you apparently have to use a thin wall socket, but that whole remove intake thing, that's crazy. I too would be off to the dealer with it.
    Add to that the oil change where you have to be careful not to break some plastic thing, and then torque but dont dare overtorque that cap, and I think they want the basic shade tree folks the hell outta their business.
    Glad it costs me less to have the dealer do my oil than for me to do it.
    Good luck Tundra, hope that solves it at least.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk
    Gone now :( -2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2" BB, 4.88's, TT F&R, 33x10.5 km2's, xrc8 winch, uniden pro xl520 cb, 4' wilson
    Gone now too :( -2008 Rubicon, uniden pro xl520 cb, 5' wilson Silver Load, JCR engine skid, JCR evap skid
    Present-2012 JK Sahara-KO2's plus neat stock stuff

Buy a Gazetteer

I'm undecided.... Try to swap out the spark plugs myself or drag it to dealer. If it didn't involve pulling the intake manifold I think I would just do it myself.
    Time to get "OLD SWAMPY" up and running, pulling the intake manifold to change plugs! geesh.
    MIKE
    Member: Treadlightly
    Water covers 3/4 of the earth, Jeep covers the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by sptrmike View Post
    Time to get "OLD SWAMPY" up and running, pulling the intake manifold to change plugs! geesh.
    You ain't kidding there!
    -- Tundra (yes, really my name, not my truck!) - KC1DQY

2013 Wrangler Unlimited Sport - not stock any more - Schoolbus Yellow (er, 'Dozer')
    1952 M38A1 'Old Swampy' - pending reassembly into mostly stock form

Rubicon is offline Ex-Coordinator & Ex-Mod Certified Trail Leader
    MappingNH Trail Scout

Quote Originally Posted by sptrmike View Post
    ...pulling the intake manifold to change plugs! geesh.
    You ain't kidding there!
    Common nowadays, and not the worst thing that has to be done to change plugs on some automobiles :\
    Traction, articulation, and gearing make a good off-road rig. Just a big lift, wide mud tires, and a winch simply do not ;)

I have replaced 3 coil packs and had 2 sets of plugs replaced in my 5 or 6 years with the Jeep. Tried and aftermarket coil pack and that was a bad idea so I went back to OEM. Then one set of plugs went in and the Jeep did not like those at all. Finally brought it to the dealer more than a year ago and they put in new plugs and wires and knock on wood I havenít had any problems since.

Canít remember what year you have but nothing had to come out to replace my plugs.

Good Luck.
    Paul (FSHJNKY)

Rubicon is offline Ex-Coordinator & Ex-Mod Certified Trail Leader
    MappingNH Trail Scout

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by FSHJNKY View Post
    I have replaced 3 coil packs and had 2 sets of plugs replaced in my 5 or 6 years with the Jeep. Tried and aftermarket coil pack and that was a bad idea so I went back to OEM. Then one set of plugs went in and the Jeep did not like those at all. Finally brought it to the dealer more than a year ago and they put in new plugs and wires and knock on wood I havenít had any problems since.

Canít remember what year you have but nothing had to come out to replace my plugs.

Good Luck.
    Year is in his sig. He has the Pentastar engine, so not the minivan one ;)
    Traction, articulation, and gearing make a good off-road rig. Just a big lift, wide mud tires, and a winch simply do not ;)

I know the pre-2016 JKs hate Bosch plugs. They threw misfire codes after only about 100 miles. The best bet on plugs is OE in my opinion.

Dealer diagnostic says: Coil on cyl 5 is bad. They are working on it now. I reserve judgment until I've got it back and it's working smoothly for a while.

2013 Wrangler Unlimited Sport - not stock any more - Schoolbus Yellow (er, 'Dozer')

Dealer diagnostic says: Coil on cyl 5 is bad. They are working on it now. I reserve judgment until I've got it back and it's working smoothly for a while.
    Here's hopin'

Gone now :( -2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2" BB, 4.88's, TT F&R, 33x10.5 km2's, xrc8 winch, uniden pro xl520 cb, 4' wilson
    Gone now too :( -2008 Rubicon, uniden pro xl520 cb, 5' wilson Silver Load, JCR engine skid, JCR evap skid

Buy a Gazetteer

So far so good on the drive home. Bill came to $150 (which is a lot less than I've seen online for 'replace all 6 spark plugs' from dealer).

So far so good on the drive home. Bill came to $150 (which is a lot less than I've seen online for 'replace all 6 spark plugs' from dealer).
    Wow, 150 covered plugs, change out and the coil pack?

Buy a Gazetteer

No - one coil and labor. Not plugs, not 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by bob View Post
    Wow, 150 covered plugs, change out and the coil pack?

No - one coil and labor. Not plugs, not 6.
    Ah, okay. I knew you were kicking that idea around, was thinking you had, I was gonna change dealerships lol

Buy a Gazetteer