Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 13535960616263

Thread: Haven't got a name for it yet

In case it wasn't obvious from the 'before' I was getting bubbles forming under the powdercoat along the seam between the tube and the sheetmetal. Of course looking at it this morning, I'm second guessing, thinking I should have used a high fill primer and sanded between coats. Maybe I'll do that next time around. Of course the gloss doesn't match between the paint that I used and the powder coating.

Also found a spot on the rock slider on driver side that I completely missed, so just wirewheeled that and have the heat on in the garage to help the primer dry.

Also had a lot of overspray on the fenders near the flares - I should have taped off the fender instead of using a masking board. Nail polish remover cleaned it up, but that's not a great solution.

Found a scratch in the hardtop paint, but I just used a little bit of black on a brush to touch that up. Also came out with different gloss, but it's going to get dirty and obscured soon enough.
    -- Tundra (yes, really my name, not my truck!) - KC1DQY

2013 Wrangler Unlimited Sport - not stock any more - Schoolbus Yellow (er, 'Dozer')
    1952 M38A1 'Old Swampy' - pending reassembly into mostly stock form

Carpets went back in this morning. Boo.

2013 Wrangler Unlimited Sport - not stock any more - Schoolbus Yellow (er, 'Dozer')

Quote Originally Posted by Ivoryring View Post
    Carpets went back in this morning. Boo.
    The JKU's carpets are still in the cellar because of a leak, the dealer fixed it but haven't put them back in yet. I planned to do that when I put the hardtop back on but... other stuff happened.

I'm surprised that the Jeep isn't noisier with just the "Slush" Mats on the floor.
    Mary Anne: 1988 YJ, 258, Weber 32/36 DGEV, AX15/231, 4.11 HP-D30 & non c-clip D35 w/Truetrac, 33" KO2's, BDS 2" lift, a bunch of skid plates, Warn 9.5ti

The Ancient and Honorable Society of the Leaf Spring
    Tread Lightly!

KC1EIJ
    WQZJ411

I definitely notice a difference in sound with vs without the carpet.

I had a leak at the freedom panel front T and it turned out to be a bit of overlap foam that got folded the wrong way.

Just remember, there are two types of Jeeps... ones that leak and ones that don't leak yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueberryHill View Post
    The JKU's carpets are still in the cellar because of a leak, the dealer fixed it but haven't put them back in yet. I planned to do that when I put the hardtop back on but... other stuff happened.

I'm surprised that the Jeep isn't noisier with just the "Slush" Mats on the floor.

A few small fixes today.

The passenger rear fender flare got a 'kiss' down at Rausch this spring, but it didn't really bother me all year. With the cold weather, the plastic is getting stiffer so it was rattling and thumping over every little bump in the road, so I pulled it off and replaced the broken clips and reinstalled it. Noise gone.

I also finally got around to diagnosing why the aux lights on the A pillar weren't working - relay shot. Replaced it. Working now.

Replaced rear license plate bracket. Had to cut the bottom flange off since I didn't want to pull the rear bumper just to put it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivoryring View Post
    Replaced rear license plate bracket. Had to cut the bottom flange off since I didn't want to pull the rear bumper just to put it on.
    Makes it easier to replace next time!
    MIKE
    Member: Treadlightly
    Water covers 3/4 of the earth, Jeep covers the rest.

It's gone 4 years with the bottom part of the old one sheered off and only went out now because I backed up on Papa Bear... I'm not worried about it holding.
    Quote Originally Posted by sptrmike View Post
    Makes it easier to replace next time!