Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your jeep today?

Quote Originally Posted by NotThePainter View Post
    40s? Mitch, the first step is admitting you have a problem...
    MIKE
    Member: Treadlightly
    Water covers 3/4 of the earth, Jeep covers the rest.

These things escalate quickly

40's are only 2.5" bigger than 35's, just all around

Quote Originally Posted by cda View Post
    These things escalate quickly

40's are only 2.5" bigger than 35's, just all around

I also know plenty of people who would pay much more for an extra 2.5"

I'll see myself out

Reinstalled the steering box skid plate. I had to take it off for the tow bar install to bring her home from North Maine Woods last fall.
    Mary Anne: 1988 YJ, 258, Weber 32/36 DGEV, AX15/231, 4.11 HP-D30 & non c-clip D35 w/Truetrac, 33" KO2's, BDS 2" lift, a bunch of skid plates, Warn 9.5ti

Member: The Ancient and Honorable Society of the Leaf Spring

KC1EIJ
    WQZJ411

Hello, my name is Mitchell and I have a problem. I am hooked on using non-suspension-lift modifications to run larger tires to gain additional underbody clearance while staying LCOG.

It all started the day I bought a Jeep...
    WAGGLER: 1999 TJ, LQ9 powered, NV4500 5spd, 2.5" front 3 link on coilovers / rear triangulated 4 link on 35's, triple stick NP205 + ECObox doubler, tummy tuck, trussed Waggy D44s with chromo shafts, 4.88s, OX locked, York powered OBA, 8k winch, LED reverse lighting and always up for an adventure!
    Build thread

Overland Trailer: fully caged, custom TJ width 6 lug axle, 35x12.5 MTs, XJ leafs, airbag shocks, dual battery, 15gal fuel reserve, 80qt fridge, LED lighting, stereo

Quote Originally Posted by mb523 View Post
    Hello, my name is Mitchell and I have a problem. I am hooked on using non-suspension-lift modifications to run larger tires to gain additional underbody clearance while staying LCOG.

It all started the day I bought a Jeep...
    I've heard that if you bolt lead plated under your skids, it will lower your center of gravity.
    -- Tundra (yes, really my name, not my truck!) - KC1DQY

2013 Wrangler Unlimited Sport - not stock any more - Schoolbus Yellow (er, 'Dozer')
    1952 M38A1 'Old Swampy' - pending reassembly into mostly stock form

Default hydroboost

By today I mean this week. I mounted the hydroboost and plumbed fresh brake lines to the new MC, mounted a second TJ PS pump with remote res, and re ran the brake lines across the rear axle that had been sketchy since I went from the D70 to the 14 bolt. I'm just waiting on a few more fittings to plumb the hydro lines to make the hydroboost go.
    oh and swapped my tranny fluid and offered a sacrifice to the jeep gods that my trans wont grenade this weekend.
    and all my front wheel studs match.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ps mount.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	29686   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hb ps.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	87.6 KB 
ID:	29687   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mc link.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	81.3 KB 
ID:	29688   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mc link1.JPG 
Views:	111 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	29689  
    Proud owner of Barney the Purple Cherokee
    A WJ with some fender trimming.

Quote Originally Posted by BarneyWJ View Post
    oh and swapped my tranny fluid and offered a sacrifice to the jeep gods that my trans wont grenade this weekend.
    and all my front wheel studs match.
    Hope that transmission holds together, I've never ls swapped a minivan before.....

I made some quick disconnect pins for front sway bar links (WHY did Jeep have to go metric!)

Made up my own thumb throttle setup, looking forward to trying it out today!

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorbatman View Post
    I made some quick disconnect pins for front sway bar links (WHY did Jeep have to go metric!)

Made up my own thumb throttle setup, looking forward to trying it out today!
    Nice, those should be a big help, especially the throttle if you have a winch, always wanted to do a setup like that on my TJ

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Gone now :( -2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2" BB, 4.88's, TT F&R, 33x10.5 km2's, xrc8 winch, uniden pro xl520 cb, 4' wilson
    Present-2008 Rubicon, uniden pro xl520 cb, 5' wilson Silver Load, JCR engine skid, JCR evap skid

Buy a Gazetteer

Smile not today, but tomorrow

not today, but tomorrow new poison spider stealing box cover and a I have a some sheet metal from the old fender I replaced that I can put behind it so the spider will be green like the jeep.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TJ Pioson Spider.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	66.1 KB 
ID:	29859  
    2004 Jeep Wrangler TJ Sport
    5 Speed Manual
    4" lift 35" tires

Removed the whole drivetrain and front clip. Chopped off the front coil buckets. Notched the frame to increase bump travel. Planned out a rear axle re-build, rear stretch, front coilover hoops, and the rest of my v8 swap.

image-20171119_174629 by Mitchell Beauchemin, on Flickr
    WAGGLER: 1999 TJ, LQ9 powered, NV4500 5spd, 2.5" front 3 link on coilovers / rear triangulated 4 link on 35's, triple stick NP205 + ECObox doubler, tummy tuck, trussed Waggy D44s with chromo shafts, 4.88s, OX locked, York powered OBA, 8k winch, LED reverse lighting and always up for an adventure!
    Build thread

Overland Trailer: fully caged, custom TJ width 6 lug axle, 35x12.5 MTs, XJ leafs, airbag shocks, dual battery, 15gal fuel reserve, 80qt fridge, LED lighting, stereo

Quote Originally Posted by mb523 View Post
    Removed the whole drivetrain and front clip. Chopped off the front coil buckets. Notched the frame to increase bump travel. Planned out a rear axle re-build, rear stretch, front coilover hoops, and the rest of my v8 swap.

image-20171119_174629 by Mitchell Beauchemin, on Flickr
    Nice. This weekend I start pulling mine apart too. This winter is a v8 swap, tub replacement, frame repair and some kind of cage. Should be fun!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    '99 TJ, 8.8" rear - HP30 front w/ chromos and trusses, 4.88, ARB lockers, 35s, tummy tuck.
    She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself.

'97 ZJ, 5.2 V8, 2" BB on 30's, "The Winter Beater"

Quote Originally Posted by FreakinJeep View Post
    Nice. This weekend I start pulling mine apart too. This winter is a v8 swap, tub replacement, frame repair and some kind of cage. Should be fun!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    YESSSSS! All the V8 sawps! Always a good time. Look forward to seeing the progress.

Be prepared to find a lot of things that make you scratch your head in confusion. And also rust. It is a great opportunity to clean up wiring and replace things you've been putting off for a while now.
    Build thread

Hard tops on both Wranglers. 😖

No more topless until spring.
    Mary Anne: 1988 YJ, 258, Weber 32/36 DGEV, AX15/231, 4.11 HP-D30 & non c-clip D35 w/Truetrac, 33" KO2's, BDS 2" lift, a bunch of skid plates, Warn 9.5ti

Member: The Ancient and Honorable Society of the Leaf Spring

KC1EIJ
    WQZJ411