Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any XC skiers on here?

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    Already have been out as many times as I went last year(twice), so it is shaping up to be a good one.

I got my girlfriend Erin a ski package for X-mas, so if perhaps anybody is looking to get together for a short and slow group runs(I am out of shape and she is new to the sport), post up :)

Just to let you know, she is usually up on the weekends, but I might be able to go during the week ;)

My re-laminated skis seem to be holding up so far this year, but I also know of some used skis that I can probably acquire if they should happen to fail again, so let's do this!
    Just haaaaaad to say something about the good winter, didn't you? and now look. Freezing rain. :/
    ;) should give a great base for you nordic folks.
    Gone now :( -2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2" BB, 4.88's, TT F&R, 33x10.5 km2's, xrc8 winch, uniden pro xl520 cb, 4' wilson
    Present-2008 Rubicon, uniden pro xl520 cb, 5' wilson Silver Load, JCR engine skid, JCR evap skid

Buy a Gazetteer

Rubicon is offline Ex-Coordinator & Ex-Mod Certified Trail Leader
    MappingNH Trail Scout

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by bob View Post
    Just haaaaaad to say something about the good winter, didn't you? and now look. Freezing rain. :/
    ;) should give a great base for you nordic folks.
    Funny you write that, because all our skis and poles that were staked in the snowbank fell over yesterday from the extreme melting caused by all the rain, and we will probably lose more today with temps forecasted to be in the mid forties. But yes you are right Bob about the base and that is the reason it has been decent so far, as this has already happened down here a couple of times. However, it is early January, so I am sure more snow will be coming :)

Still have not had the snowshoes out yet though, due to the lack of deep snow :\
    Traction, articulation, and gearing make a good off-road rig. Just a big lift, wide mud tires, and a winch simply do not ;)

I usually go two or three times a year with friends, but have used rented or borrowed equipment. Finally got a set of my own gear, just last week. We mostly go on un-groomed trails locally. Went out Monday, and the conditions and weather were great. It was cold in the morning, but eventually warmed up enough to wash my truck.

MappingNH Trail Scout

Unhappy

Well as mentioned in another thread, my 33 year old skis came apart again, so I am done for this year...actually I never even started :(
    Hope to still be able to fix them or find some good used ones, as new ones will not be in the budget this winter.
    Keeping my fingers crossed for a good deal ;)
    Traction, articulation, and gearing make a good off-road rig. Just a big lift, wide mud tires, and a winch simply do not ;)

MappingNH Trail Scout

Red face Wtb

Well as mentioned in another thread, my 33 year old skis came apart again, so I am done for this year...actually I never even started :(
    Hope to still be able to fix them or find some good used ones, as new ones will not be in the budget this winter.
    Keeping my fingers crossed for a good deal ;)
    If/until I fix my old skis, I wish to find anybody that has a pair for sale or for free.
    Looking for ~198cm or longer, with the old NN 75mm 3-pin binding to match my current boots.
    Hope to find back country style skis, or maybe a touring set, or possibly even just a classic pair since "beggars can't be choosers"
    Thank you for any help :)

MappingNH Trail Scout

Unhappy

Nothing here, so going to post up in WTB.

MappingNH Trail Scout

Arrow Skis for sale

If/until I fix my old skis, I wish to find anybody that has a pair for sale or for free.
    Looking for ~198cm or longer, with the old NN 75mm 3-pin binding to match my current boots.
    Hope to find back country style skis, or maybe a touring set, or possibly even just a classic pair since "beggars can't be choosers"
    Thank you for any help :)
    Nothing here, so going to post up in WTB.
    Got some now, and actually have a couple of extra sets that will be for sale, if someone is interested. Should be posting them up soon, but feel free to contact me if you want a deal before I list them ;)