Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Agnes, NotThePainter's YJ

cda is offline Purveyor of Shenanigans Supporting Member Tier 1
    MappingNH Project Lead
    MappingNH Trail Scout

Quote Originally Posted by NotThePainter View Post
    Finally found a fire extinguisher bracket.
    That's quite the bracket! always good to have the fire extinguisher on hand

Quote Originally Posted by cda View Post
    That's quite the bracket! always good to have the fire extinguisher on hand
    Thanks! I just looked it up. $21.52.
    --
    Agnes - 1995 Jeep Wrangler (YJ) - 4 cylinder 35" MTRs, SM465, RockTrac, 3.5" Black Diamond Suspension SUA, Ford 8.8, HPD30 w/vacuum disconnect w/4.88s, ARB lockers front and rear, front shackle reversal, rear revolvers, lotsa skids, Bullet Proof steer modified, Mastercraft seats with PRP 5 point harness
    Ruby - 2016 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock Rubicon - bone stock except for Rock Hard skids, diff armor

Rubicon is offline Ex-Coordinator & Ex-Mod Certified Trail Leader
    MappingNH Trail Scout

Question

Looks like a CO2 bottle bracket.
    Traction, articulation, and gearing make a good off-road rig. Just a big lift, wide mud tires, and a winch simply do not ;)

Ha, that's the same bracket and extinguisher we sometimes mount on semi-trailer fuel tankers when they go into service.

Should be plenty for a brake fire on a Jeep.
    '99 TJ, 5.9L Magnum V8 swap, Ford 8.8" rear axle, HP D30 front axle w/ chromoly shafts and truss, hydro assist steering, 4.88, ARB lockers, 35s, tummy tuck
    She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself.

'97 ZJ
    , 5.2 V8, 2" spacer lift on 30's, 'The Beater'

KC1KAX

Quote Originally Posted by FreakinJeep View Post
    Ha, that's the same bracket and extinguisher we sometimes mount on semi-trailer fuel tankers when they go into service.
    Should be plenty for a brake fire on a Jeep.
    Not just brake fires, lots of things can burn. I've been trained to fight car fires by the SCCA and have put out numerous ones. Most "baby" extinguishers I've seen around are rated 1:A, 3:BC. That one I have is 3: 40:BC.

That makes me happy.

And the odd thing is, if your truck is burning you're not using your fire extinguisher. Somebody else is using theirs on your rig.
    --
    Agnes - 1995 Jeep Wrangler (YJ) - 4 cylinder 35" MTRs, SM465, RockTrac, 3.5" Black Diamond Suspension SUA, Ford 8.8, HPD30 w/vacuum disconnect w/4.88s, ARB lockers front and rear, front shackle reversal, rear revolvers, lotsa skids, Bullet Proof steer modified, Mastercraft seats with PRP 5 point harness
    Ruby - 2016 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock Rubicon - bone stock except for Rock Hard skids, diff armor

I was being deliberately facetious though!

I'm just jealous. I don't have room for something like that. Have to keep the backseat available for the dog.

My only extinguisher is one of those 1 lb aerosol cans!
    '99 TJ, 5.9L Magnum V8 swap, Ford 8.8" rear axle, HP D30 front axle w/ chromoly shafts and truss, hydro assist steering, 4.88, ARB lockers, 35s, tummy tuck
    She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself.

'97 ZJ
    , 5.2 V8, 2" spacer lift on 30's, 'The Beater'

KC1KAX

Paul doesn't use the brakes. He just flips a shackle when he wants to slow down.
    -- Tundra (yes, really my name, not my truck!) - KC1DQY

2013 Wrangler Unlimited Sport - not stock any more - Schoolbus Yellow (er, 'Dozer')
    1952 M38A1 'Old Swampy' - pending reassembly into mostly stock form

Quote Originally Posted by FreakinJeep View Post
    I was being deliberately facetious though!

I'm just jealous. I don't have room for something like that. Have to keep the backseat available for the dog.

My only extinguisher is one of those 1 lb aerosol cans!
    Bolt it onto the top of your rear fenders inside the tub. You have a TJ so that's single walled. Easy drilling.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Ivoryring View Post
    Paul doesn't use the brakes. He just flips a shackle when he wants to slow down.
    I just put it in first/lo...
    --

I'm still destroying my passenger front tire when fully stuffed. Chris' enhanced bump stop pads helped a ton but I needed more. It turns out I still had stock height rubber bumpstops. I used PB Blaster twice about a week apart and then just waited for the weather to be not nasty. They went on easy today.

Here's the driver's side stock bumpstop, you can see Chris' extended pad beneath.

Here's the stock versus new.

and the new installed.

Now I just need to go wheeling to test. But I also got this great sticker, just need to find a good place to put it.

--

I have the same bump stops, it really seems to help not having the inner fenders be the travel limit :)

I like the sticker, I didn't get one with mine. :(
    Mary Anne: 1988 YJ, 258, Weber 32/36 DGEV, AX15/231, 4.11 HP-D30 & non c-clip D35 w/Truetrac, 33" KO2's, BDS 2" lift, a bunch of skid plates, Warn 9.5ti

Member: The Ancient and Honorable Society of the Leaf Spring

KC1EIJ
    WQZJ411

Quote Originally Posted by BlueberryHill View Post
    I have the same bump stops, it really seems to help not having the inner fenders be the travel limit :)
    That's just weakness leaving.
    --