Supporting Members don't see this Ad. Click here to become a supporting member.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Door Law in NH?

Quote Originally Posted by 64wildcat View Post
    I got these from Quadratec.
    Do you find that they move at highway speed?

I've got the same style on my TJ. They don't move if you tighten them down enough.
    '99 TJ, 5.9L Magnum V8 swap, Ford 8.8" rear axle, HP D30 front axle w/ chromoly shafts and truss, hydro assist steering, 4.88, ARB lockers, 35s, tummy tuck
    She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself.

'97 ZJ
    , 5.2 V8, 2" spacer lift on 30's, 'The Beater'

KC1KAX

Quote Originally Posted by dun_right View Post
    Do you find that they move at highway speed?
    Like Jesse said,just tighten them down and they're fine.
    I used channel locks to snug them up.
    2015 Rubicon

Quote Originally Posted by 64wildcat View Post
    Like Jesse said,just tighten them down and they're fine.
    I used channel locks to snug them up.

Awesome thanks guys. Iím gunna try to sell these others and get those style I like them a lot better.

Rubicon is offline Ex-Coordinator & Ex-Mod Certified Trail Leader
    MappingNH Trail Scout

Wink

Passed state inspection with no doors, no windows, and no top. I do have all three mirrors mounted. The outside ones can be run door on or off, with no changing of anything there.

I guess they figure that they are all removable anyways, and they can all be put back on. Unless you like to be cold and/or wet.
    Traction, articulation, and gearing make a good off-road rig. Just a big lift, wide mud tires, and a winch simply do not ;)

Doors off only works for vehicles that have the option from the factory. you can actually be legally inspected with no doors or top on a wrangler. As far as the law stuff, the police have to use the inspection statutes as guidelines for vehicle safety enforcement. Kind of like a speeding ticket in a bad weather crash. There is no specific speed law for road conditions, but if you crash in adverse conditions you were going too fast even if you were only doing 5 mph. A lot of officers wont bother you or will just issue a warning as long as youre not an ass. As much as I would like to take my doors off my XJ, I understand that it is a structural part of the vehicle and it would be severely compromised if I was to get into an accident.
    GONE---2007 Jeep JK, 35" GY duratracs, RC 3.5" lift, ORFab stubby winch bumper, barricade trailforce hd rear bumper, smittybilt xrc rock rails, RC led lights
    SOLD---1999 XJ sport, RC 4.5" series 2 lift, RC winch bumper w/light hoop, 31" wrangler silent armors, skidrow t-case skid
    SOLD---1996 Jeep XJ